Perry Fewell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Fewell

Should get strong consideration for this job.

Age 48 1/2

Defensive coordinator NY giants.

Defensive coordinator Bills 06-09

Interim head coach Bills 09. Took the team over @ 3-6 coaches them to a 3-4 record the rest of the way.

Nfl experience since 1998.

Worked with Tom coughlin 2X, Lovie Smith and Dick Jauron.

Positives- Strong 4-3 defensive coach. Might bring Guinta and perhaps Merritt from his staff in Ny.

Solid experienced guy who can get more out of the players we have without completely reinventing the team.

Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Here is another reason we should hire this guy.

I believe that our entire defensive staff should be fired. Not to be mean spirited or anything but my biggest concern about Munchack is that he might promote Mcginnis to DC to keep things in house.

Look at the staff.

Marcus Robertson-Was Cecil's secondary assistant and was bumped to secondary coach. the last 2 years a secondary with 3 pro bowl players looked like the three stooges and Laurel and Hardy combined. especially our nickel and dime packages. Fire him!

Tim Hauk-Replaced robertson as secondary assistant working mostly with the safeties. Same thing he was a part of something that failed. Fire him!

Mcginnis-Linebackers played beneath their talent level. Spoon-tulloch-Mcgrath are better than that. Fisher's gone and now Mcginnis also should be.

Rayna Stewart-young guy who aside from high school had no coaching experience other than as graduate assistant at Northwestern. Not sure if he was part of the problem but he certainly could be sent packing.

That to me is the problem with having Munchack as head coach. that he will keep these guys and make Mcginnis Dc. I hate that idea. Munch with a new Dc from outside is fine with me but i doubt that. Bud will pressure him to keep anyone under contract to save money.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'm all for Fewell, he's been mentioned in many threads already as a potential candidate. I just don't see it happening because of the extensions the entire staff were given. Bud will not pay 2 entire coaching staffs. It's going to be Munchak, and all we can do is hope he goes outside the organization for his defensive coordinator. He wasn't #1 on my list, or in my top 5, but I'll support him as head coach.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I'm down for Fewell. Deserves a shot IMO.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's it, don't make waves and keep everything the way it was. What is the point of that?

I like Munchack i think he is a smart guy but if we have almost all the same defensive people and our Dc comes from among them that is bullcrap! You can't just blame Cecil there are several that deserve to be fired!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I just heard on espn that extending many of these contracts for assistants was Fisher's idea and that he wanted his son to have a job.

It's like he is still coaching the team when he isn't here.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree 100%, unfortunately I think the best we can hope for is they all remain in their current positions and a defensive coordinator is brought in from the outside. Hopefully in 2011 after Munch has had a year to evaluate his staff he will make more changes. I would have actually been fine with keeping Cecil as a DB coach if he was willing to take a demotion and getting rid of Robertson. Our DBs have gotten progressively worse in 2 years under Robertson.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Yep..I will say that I am actually looking forward to seeing Dinger's offense with Fisher gone. The offensive staff I'm fine with keeping, the defensive should be completely redone though.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Seriously what could the total cost of these one year contracts the Fisher signed off on? $3-5 mill? for the remaining staff?

If Bud really wants to win then that's a small change right off.

We need new philosophy from coaches outside of the Fisher pool.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Seems to be he's really handcuffed this team. Word has it that he made most of these extension without the notifying higher ups.

The timing of this really hurts us..its so late in the game that we're very limited if we try to go outside the organization. So i understand them possibly staying inside..but I just dont think thats the best long term answer for us. If we really want a fresh start..with new ideas..and a fresh perspective we need to go outside. Otherwise I fear it'll be more of the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar