Perhaps Vince Young was more crucial than you thought.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ the notion that playing a slow rookie behind the most pitiful excuse for a run blocking line imaginable is the better option than CJ. Wow!

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Lol @ the notion that CJ getting 1.8 YPC is any better than whatever anyone else on our team would do.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Pretty sure Kern is getting more that 1.8YPC......just saying:kiss:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

All I know if VY never lost to the Texans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

THIS TEAM QUIT SUNDAY. Just like the NE game under fisher, this is a real problem

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

CJ better stay straight because he definitely doesn't have "getting away from the cops speed" anymore.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

People said he looked slow when he ran for 2000 yards. He just looks that way. He had a run where he had that speed even yesterday but he was quickly hit after 2 yards, that first cut and burst was there though. I'll upload it to youtube if I can find it.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

You won't find it...because that ^ didn't happen.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Also Deuce this is a good post. I said something about it yesterday that CJ was always much more productive in his career with VY. Someone on a different site had the stats of 70 yards without VY and 120 yards a game with VY.

Obviously it's not a VY thing and it's just the threat of a running QB, I think it plays a very small factor in the problem but when they all add up we get what we see.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

You're right, I only saw it twice. It was the play where he fumbled where he looked pretty quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar