People Love Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE53, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i thought you said fisher was in control of 3rd down play calling.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I said it's Fishers D and it is. I pulled that quote off of Titansradio.com

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Perhaps if some of the Schwartz-haters knew something about the intricacies of football, you would appreciate Jim Schwartz as much as those who do understand the insides and outs of football do. If the insiders rave about him, you know that the guy is doing a good job with the materials he has on h and.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yes, because people haven't been happy with what you call "defense" the past couple years, they don't know the "intricasies of football". Give me a break. People who are anti-Schwartz don't like him because the defense has been garbage for a minute now. Maybe he isn't a bad coordinator (I don't know about his history pre-Tennessee), but he just doesn't seem to be working here. Maybe you're satisfied with the results here? Because I'm not. And I'm not one for extremes here; I have problems with the personel and the coaching at this point.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't claim to know the answers and I don't intend to try to change anyones mind but the cold hard fact is that the defense sucks.
    They suck bad. Is it the DC? I don't know. This much I do know...

In the NFL, whether you are a player or a coach,
    it does not matter what you have done.
    What matters is what you have done lately.

The Titans D hasn't done jack.
    (except for Vanden Bosh, Bulluck, Pacman, Hill) and actually...IMO...
    nevermind my opinion...I think these guys are great...at times...

...there is no consistency. Maybe that points to Swartzie...
    I don't know...maybe I don't know the "in's and outs"...
    (that has got to be the most condecending thing say on this topic)

The fact remains...the results...the proof is in the pudding...
    Maybe not everyone is an "expert" on coaching but any nimrod can tell when their team gets handled week in and week out.

How many draft picks do you throw at a problem before you look elsewhere?

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Your right about one thing. They do suck. Something needs to change that's for sure. I've defended Schwartz simply for the fact that I don't believe he is entirely the reason why they suck other than the talent on the team. Sorry to say that I don't think Fisher is getting as much out of this team as he should. Sometimes coach's need to be coached and that comes from Charlie Wise speaking about how Bilicheck coach's his coordinators along with his players. Fisher sets the tone for the hole team and right now the hole team stinks. Does the D suck? Yes. Does the O suck? Yep' So, the math is easy.

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i just dont think schwartz can evolve very well as games go along. also he sticks with the same d scheme for every team we play... they know exactly what to expect... thats ok if we play sound fundamentally or have the players to back it up but we dont. good coaches are supposed to evolve their scheme as players change... i havent seen that since he became D coord

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I may not know the "ins and outs" of football[BS copout], but one thing I do know is that under Schwartz, our defense cannot stop the run and has no attitude about them. I see other defenses with less talent and experience playing better, but most notably playing HARDER. Schwartz doesn't get the effort out of his players as he should, there is no desperation or all 11 guys flying to the ball like absolute madmen, that is what defense is, not scheming yourself to death. Watch the Bears defense of today, very youthful, had some injuries, but still they fly and they hit and they GANG tackle.

It doesn't matter how good our offense gets, our defense will still be our achilles heel with Schwartz at the helm. When you can't stop the run, your defense has officially hit rock bottom, and becomes soft, if that is what Schwartz-ites want, then let me say, you're all pu$$:es.

9. You mean except for when his D led the NFL in run defense in 2003, right? Boy he sucked back then...

Success breeds that kind of attitude among the whole team. We aren't winning enough to generate one. The Colts D magically developed an "attitude" this year. Did Ron Meeks instantly become a better DC? Did Dungy become a better HC?

On the flip side, what happened to Baltimore's defensive attitude? Where did it go?

Such as???

All defenses scheme. Do the Patriots not have schemes? Do Gregg Williams' defenses not have schemes?

As for players flying to the ball, you have to have good athletes to do it well. We just don't have enough speed on defense. No DC can make his players faster...

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I know all defenses scheme, but that seems to be all he does, does he even take the field with the defense or just mail-in the gameplan??

As for having good players to fly to the ball, that is total BS, you are losing all credibility SK. Hustle is a Habit, and we have too many bad habits on defense. Hustling to the ball breeds tenacity, more guys around the ball means more possible fumbles and recoveries, not to mention less missed tackles. If we had a DC that preached tenacity as much as he preaches "kiss you sister", then we would be light years better. I coach High School football, and we don't have the best athletes on the field, but we make up for it with our hustle, and the little things.

Yes, the Pats scheme, but you watch one of their games, their guys are all over the place, flying around and gang tackling.

There is no excuse for the lack of effort being put forth by our defense, the axe must fall.

For crapsake, we had Bo Orlando making plays in the secondary and he wasn't a third of the athlete we have now, we had all 11 running to the ball on every play, it is not ok for the Titans to EVER play like this, rebuilding or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar