Payton ain't a football nut!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 4andershv, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I second that.

I dont see how being a bigger fan of soccer than football makes him a bad player, or means he doesnt have the fire or determination to make the roster. Lots of athletes are bigger fans of sports they dont play. Frankly, it makes sense... if you were a carpenter, would you want to build houses in your free time? No, you'd want to fish, or play softball or something. These guys lives revolved around football, its probably healthy that they want to take a break from it in their free time.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah i was excited about it too until about that 3rd pk last night... then i threw up

3. At this point of the year, I think most guys may tune into to watch the World Cup.

I don't think this article will have any effect whatsoever

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world. Why shouldn't someone be excited about it?

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Because it's boring as hell... He grew up Walter Payton's son and he likes watching soccer more than football. No wonder he was never any good.

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

he made it to the pro's

those were big shoes to fill

and soccer is only boring because you dont know what the hell is going on.

just like most all of the world thinks american football is boring

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that has little to no relevance to anything.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Nobody ever expected him to fill his dad shoes. We all love Payton, don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is maybe he just didn't have his heart into it as much has he could've.

I don't think it looks complicated. Just Boring.

run and kick run and kick run and kick run and kick run and kick run and kick...........

It's not popular here because it's boring. It's monotinous.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

people find american football monotonous with the play, stop, huddle, play, stop, huddle etc.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That may be true. We don't care. I no that sounds arrogant but seriously most people don't care. I think the media follows World Cup (here in the US) just because they feel like they should due to the fact that it's so popular everywhere else. Personally, I know that most all my friends that are sports fans care little to nothing about Soccer. The biggest reason is probably because we suck at it. There's no doubt. I am sure that there would be a surge of interest if the US ever became competative at World Cup Soccer. Until then, I wish everyone on ESPN radio, news, and Sportscentre would take a big glass of shut the hell up about it... It's over, finally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar