Payton ain't a football nut!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 4andershv, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are all NFL players supposed to be?

2. Mrs. Bipolar

Mrs. Bipolar Football Widow

"I’m more excited about the World Cup right now than anything else.”

that kind of attitude will get you on the roster. :suspect:

3. Mrs. Bipolar

Mrs. Bipolar Football Widow

that kinda says he's not excited enough at the prospect of getting a real roster spot and not some practice squad gig again. he only has seen action in preseason and by being activated from the practice squad. With that #2 draft pick coming in and Brown/Henry/Fleming/Nash/others?... there is a whole thread about how thick the Titans are at RB ... I don't know, that's just a goofy thing to say, that World Cup is the biggest thing for him right now, since he's not really a legitimate NFL player ... saying things like that can lead to getting cut. There is nothing wrong with what he said, but as a coach you don't want to hear that from a fringe player, and that is what he is... It doesn't matter how long Jeff Fisher spent in a Bears uni. His favortism only goes so far and it's not like Payton hasn't had his opportunities. If I were Jeff Fisher I would want to hear that the #1 thing that Jared Payton is excited about is the prospect of winning a real roster spot. I'm sure Nash was pleased when he read this.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

thie thread is retarded...

we must be bored

nothing gainst you 4andershv

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Someone said that if you've been on the regular roster for 8 games or something like that you can't go back to the practice squad. If so, I think he was on the roster for close to that, and I don't think there's any way he makes the 53 this year...

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

he shouldn't...

but it's not because he was more interested in the world cup at that moment

7. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

paraconspiracy -> No offense taken! You noticed how i didn't comment on the story myself?

I actually agree with you 100%. We are bored! Personally I have no problem whatsoever with Payton being excited about the World Cup. I was too!

8. H Man

H Man Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar