Paul Oliver...........who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jun 2, 2007.

?
  1. No way. Not for an '08 2nd or 3rd rounder

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Why not

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. I don't know enough about him.

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I don't see why we wouldn't try him... even if we are set at CB, which I don't think really we are. But if he is a flop, then we won't have lost a lot of money trying him out. If he is a stud sleeper like Hall, then he can replace one of the other corners we have and really help an awful pass defense.

If we can't keep them all on the roster (likely), then either the worst guy gets plain cut if he's no good... no big deal - or the worst guy gets traded if he still has game... good scenario for the Titans. He sounds like he plays like Pacman - small guy but plays with a chip on his shoulder. Fisher loves those guys.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As bad as our corners are (excluding Pacman), why not? Surely he can beat out our Hill and the rest of the rejects. I'm pretty sure my housekeeper could be the #1 corner while pac is out.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

But can she deal out the wood?

4. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Oliver is a great athlete. I love the SEC conference and personally think that it is the best one in college football. When Tennessee played Georgia this yr. (51-33 GO VOLS) Oliver did a tremendous job against our WR's. Especially Robert Meachem. Even though Meachem still had a good game against the Dawgs Oliver was there every step of the way and also did good against J.Swain who were 2 of the trio last yr. If Oliver goes in the later rounds such as later 2nd or 3rd I would go with him, but def. not earlier than that.

5. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

We should take hime early then we can dump Pacman!!!!!

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

It doesn't work that way.

In the supplemental draft you put a bid in before the draft happens. If your bid is the highest bid for him than you get him. If you put in a 3rd round bid and everyone else puts in a 4th then you get him period. It is not like the regular draft where you're "on the clock" waiting for the next pick. You don't decide whether it is a late 2nd or 3rd until the end of the season when you forfeit that pick in the 2008 draft. Picking him on the first day would be stupid because a lot of times some of these guys go undrafted in the supplemental draft.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Thought this was interesting... From the WikiPedia entry on Steve Young:

Young signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1985 after being the first player selected in the year's supplemental draft. However, the Buccaneers posted 2-14 win-loss records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was 3-16. In his 19 games, he threw for only 11 touchdowns with 21 interceptions while completing less than 55% of his passes.

I'd love to know how many 49er fans whined about their GM signing him from the Bucs.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I say you can never have enough of any position if you have excess unspent money to spend like The Titans do. Let the best man earn the roster spot. Even if our favorite midget corner was gonna be here this season I'd say bring this guy in for a shot..

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah! let's replace a top 8 corner with a third round pick!

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar