Paul Oliver...........who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jun 2, 2007.

?
  1. No way. Not for an '08 2nd or 3rd rounder

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Why not

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. I don't know enough about him.

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm with Puck. Everyone except Jones, who we can't count on yet, is upgradable. I still think Finnegan could play on the outside, but that's not been proven. Hill and Finnegan could switch roles by the end of the year, and there has already been discussion of moving Harper to nickle after this season. The biggest concern I have about Oliver is his academics. Does this mean he is football slow, or slow to pick up a playbook? Is he Ben Troupe slow? That's what I'm worried about. But I'd do a 3rd round pick, for sure. Keeps us from having to go after a FA or top draft pick in this area next year. We'd be able to concentrate on D-Line and WR if need be, as well as LB and God forbid, RB. Maybe a new TE if Troupe can't pull it together.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm with Puck, you can never have enough playmakers at corner, especially with some of the chumps we have and the way the coaches use them.

3. A better corner than 5 of those, I don't know that much about Oliver, but he seems good enough...

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Damn, for some reason it just clicked. I have figured out the built-in excuse for Schwartz and all his cronies this year; no Pacman. When the defense sucks, and don't worry they will, the finger will be pointed at Pacman and how he has handcuffed Schwartz who would have had this defense turned around, yeah right. I can't wait for the excuses to roll in, I hate Schwartz.

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Oliver is an interesting prospect, but I wouldn't put in more than a 3rd for him. He's a bit of a risk, what with being academically ineligible and all. He shows talent, but a lot of taller CBs don't work well in the NFL because they are stiff and can't get low enough to keep up with WRs. Plus, who knows where we will be picking next year. A high second would be too much for Oliver.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Having a LOT of players doesn't mean we're set at cornerback. We have a LOT of receivers too, but I think everyone can admit we needed/need help there too.

Hill - Shouldn't even be mentioned as a cornerback.
    Harper - probably won't be much better than Hill in this defense.
    Griffin - Is a SAFETY.
    PacMan - Isn't playing.
    Finnegan - Could be good, but he'll never get the chance to show it.
    Woolfolk - horrid.

So saying we're "set" at cornerback is quite a laugh.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how you figure ?
    he has yet to do squat and there's no signs he'll ever do squat

he's not even listed on the defensive depth chart on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/TEN

as a matter of fact, he isn't listed at all on our depth chart
    i mean, they even have Eric King slotted as our starting Right Corner

Michael was one of those guys that got a flyer due to speed and tenacity
    he's a backup Nickle at best and a key teamer at worst

sorry to have this come off sideways, but i just don't think he's an answer

I'd trade Michael Waddell and Andre Woolfolk for Herndon and Oliver anyday of the week .... and twice on Sundays

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Waddell sucks but you want a guy who was just cut from Seattle and a rookie.

Replace average with mediocre and unknown. And for what? the 5th roster spot.

Real smart.

9. well it is the 5th roster spot, so why not take a chance

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

More of that winning attitude.

You'd give Knute Rockne a good run for his money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar