Paul K trade scenario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He had a guy ask a question about possible trade suitors. One was the SF 49ers. They have picks 30, 56, 61, 77, 94, and 100 in the first three rounds. That's crazy. They have 6 picks in the first three rounds and we have 2. He proposed a trade of 11 for 30, 56, and 61. It works on the trade value chart, but I think its a little rich for them. They have needs of WR, CB, ILB, and DL. That suits well for pick 11 with Evans, Gilbert, Mosley, and Aaron Donald all possibly being there. I for one would do 11 for 30, 56 and 77 if they wouldn't do 61.

That could leave us at 30 with possibly Dee Ford, Kyle Van Noy, Attouchu, or a CB. Ill take that to have 3 second round picks. Would set us up to perfectly add Tre Mason, Derek Carr (Mettingberger, McCarron, Grappo) and a WR. That takes care of all immediate needs and leaves us with fill depth with out last 4 picks with TE, OT, S, and CB

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Outside of QB's Bortles & Bridgewater, LB Mack, and DT Donald there's no one I MUST have. I'd be perfectly fine making that trade happen. We're in need of several things this draft and have 2 picks in the top 100, no bueno.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Seems like a nice value trade. Still, if a QB or defensive playmaker we really like is there I'd rather sit tight at 11.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I guess it depends on what they feel the hit percentage will be on those later picks. If that player at #11 is a game changer, then it's probably not a good trade. You generally have to write off half of those 2nd-4th round picks as busts. There is a risk at picking #11. But I would assume that pick has a better chance of success than a load of later picks.

I doubt the 9ers would do it anyway.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This mother****er reads this site. I posted that SAME EXACT THING a week ago.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I haven't heard much discussion about this because so many people, and understandably so, tend to think in the now but what about trading for the future i.e. next year.

I get the sense that there are about 5 guys who are elite sure fired picks and the there is a gap. But that gap after the first isn't really big at all, picks 10 -32 and 33-45 say. Trading back and gathering an extra 2nd and 3rd is nice, but what about a 1st round next year?

I'm not clear on the trade value that we would need for that to happen but it could prove to be worthwhile if only to stock up on ammunition if we really like a QB next year.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I prefer quality over quantity. I know we only have 6 picks but going all the way down to 30 is a huge drop. There could still be a game changing, blue chip player there at #11. Once you get to 30 you're chances of finding that guy aren't as high.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I remember Webster saying at some point that a future pick is devalued an entire round because you have to wait a year. I think it was when we traded up for Scott Solomon. We traded a 6th in the next year's draft to move into the seventh in the current draft to get him. We then cut him a year later. Good job, Webster.

So I'm guessing a 1st round pick in next year's draft for #11 this year would be have to be accompanied by something else.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

So trade back 11 for a 1st next year and a high 2nd round this year, maybe even a 4th as well. It's tempting I think.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of course he reads our stuff, its free info to him, I thought we established this years ago.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar