Patton Oswalt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I just bought his stand-up DVD "Feeling Kinda Patton". The guy is pretty hilarious. Are any of you familiar with him? I tried to find a video clip of his to post and found this.

Magic Missle :lol:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've been a fan four about 5 years, he has some great standup specials, and a nick Nolte impression that won't quit. I saw him live about 3 years ago in D.C. He was great, one of the best acts I've ever seen live, and I've been to a bunch of comedy clubs.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

THANK YOU for finding that clip. I don't even watch that show, but for some reason I was tuned in that night and saw it, thought it was hilarious. I knew a bunch of D&D geeks in high school and he nailed it... ok, so maybe I played D&D a time or two myself:hmm:

I think I've also seen him do some standup on Comedy Central. Really funny guy. What sit com was he on? I can remember an episode where he was showing off his Tivo and how it picked shows to record for you. He was trying to show off for this girl and he pulls up the menu and all the titles were gay stuff like Queer Eye, etc...

King of Queens maybe?

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yeah I think he was on King of Queens (I've never watched the show perhaps I should check it out). I first saw him when he made a couple of brief appearances on HBO's Mr Show. I know he was also a writer for MAD TV. I have no idea where the clip I posted originally aired though.

GoT who else have you seen live? Who are your favourite stand-ups? I'm a huge fan of Mr. Show creators David Cross and Bob Odenkirk. I also really like Patton, Sarah Silverman, Jeffrey Ross and Lisa Lampanelli. I've only had the chace to see David Cross and Lisa Lampanelli live though.

5. Broken Record

The clip you posted was from the Comedy Central show Reno 911 I believe. I don't know if it's still on or not, but from what I remember, it was very hit and miss. Some episodes were great and others were horrible.

6. GoTitans3801

Patton was/is(I think) on King of Queens, and is one of the only reasons I catch that show when I have a chance. He's great with fairly obscure things, so if you don't know a reference, sometimes you won't think one of his impressions is that entertaining.

I've really enjoyed Lewis Black live, and I've seen him twice. I also love Dane Cook, I actually got to be in the audience for his Tourgasm show which is on HBO sometime around now I think. He had a guy opening for him named Gary Gulman who's hilarious, but hard to see anywhere because he's so unknown. He's got a website and a cd though.

I looked at the Zanie's schedule for this summer and was fairly disappointed, but I'll probably go at some point anyway.

Sarah Silverman is pretty great, Lisa is a little over the top for me sometimes.

7. GoTitans3801

Yeah, Reno 911. I swear, if they cut that show down to like three episodes, they could be amazing.

8. Broken Record

Just did a little research and you can also see the video here

Watch it through to the end and there's at least one more with Patton playing the same character after it.

9. Broken Record

Wonder what the deal was with that? I wondered if I was the only one who thought that way. Maybe they had different writing teams or something? Maybe the writers only smoked the good stuff every 3rd or 4th week and drank rot gut the rest of the time?

At any rate, that's the main reason I didn't watch it very often. You never knew if you were about to bust a gut or spend the next half hour wishing you were puking in the can.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I find most comedies are like that, they just don't have enough quality material to fill a season's worth of episodes, but they make the shows regardless. In the commentary tracks for Mr Show Bob Oderkirk says that he was pretty miserable during the show's four year run. The pressures of of trying to produce an original, intelligent, and above all else funny show were driving him nuts.

Here's a couple of Mr Show sketches (just to prove that Bob's stress was not in vain).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-n-rGnI9XNo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-n-rGnI9XNo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X63M1HKR_lU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X63M1HKR_lU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks to Bi Polar for teaching this computard how to post the you tube vids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar