Patrick Willis

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2008, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

With the way things look at FA DE, Smith might be our best option to improve the line. He will likely contribute more than any rookie we could get in the draft could, and maybe we need someone like him along with a rookie on the first day to improve our end rotation. Guess that is the other route.

I wouldn't mind a Charles Grant or another end to shake loose somewhere as well.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO Smith wouldn't be a bad pickup. He would be an upgrade for sure and I'd be in favor of the move if the money wasn't outrageous. Signing Smith would fill a hole and allow us to focus in other areas. The guy had 85 tackles and 7.5 sacks. With our problems stopping the run he could help at both rushing the QB and stopping the run. He is going to be in his 7th year which isn't too old but age is a consideration as well.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Me either I think he is the best DE available if you want an all areound DE he is about 285 not sure about height but is good vs. run and can get to the quarterback two double digit sack seasons not totally sure about how he is doin this year if you have his stats please post them unless I find them I will.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Charles Grant- 6'3 290 5 years exp. 64 tackles 6 sacks.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Grant is a good run stopping LDE. We already have that in KVB who's a better pass rusher. We need a pass rushing RDE.

Gut

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

A pass rusher would be ideal, but even a solid run defender who can chip in 6-8 sacks would help the team a lot. As it is, our DL consistently gets pushed back, preventing our slow, gentle LBs from flowing to the ball. If we get a good CB to play opposite PacMan and a safety we can trust over the top, we would also be able to blitz more.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I haven't watched Willis. From a scouting perspective, how does he stack up against last year's bumper crop of LB's? (Hawk, Sims, Ryans, etc.)

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

No

In theory, yes....but NOT when you're gonna have to pay them some of the biggest bucks in the league. You don't overpay for a solid run stopper who will get the occasional coverage sack!

Gut

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The interesting thing about this offseason is that our 2 main weaknesses happen to be strengths of the draft. We can easily find a DE, DB in which ever order you want to choose them in the 1st and 2nd rnd of the draft.

So do you spend big FA bucks to get a proven guy when the odds are that you can get a solid rookie for cheap.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing us making a move for Cory Redding and then trying to draft a speed pass rusher. Redding can play DE as a run stuffer and can certainly play inside as well. He won't cost as much as a coveted DE like Smith or Grant.

It should be really hard to screw up this offseason given our youth, cap room and number of draft picks.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

thats probably what the Redskins said last year so cross your fingers.....minus the draft picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar