Patrick Ramsey QB of the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

honestly, I'm tired of our QB's simply "getting the job done"
    I am not impressed with a QB position that only produces 12 TD's

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I think alot of that has to do with the type of offense we run and the lack of legitimate threats at the WR position.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Ramsey is a #3 qb at best and a draft bust. How many pro bowls and how many games has ramsey won in this league? Less than Vince on both. We are 4-12 if ramsey is the qb. I dont know that he makes the roster

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans are not guaranteed to keep three QBs.

If they don't see a lot of upside with Ramsey or if Young shows well, I could see the Titans entering the season with only two QBs and possibly snagging a cut for the practice squad.

5. It's hard to tell just how good Ramsey is. He really hasn't been given a chance to start since Spurrier left (between injuries and being behind guys like Pennington and Cutler for 1 year each).

The guy is a huge question mark. Maybe he's capable of starting. Maybe he's only capable of being a backup. There's really no evidence out there. We'll just need to see how he does in camp and in the 5 exhibition games.

And if they only keep 2, there's no guarantee that VY is still here come week 1. We pretty much know he'll be gone in 2010, so if he's terrible in camp they could just let him go now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's the thing he has not had that 2nd chance to prove he can play.

Certainly has the arm he won a bronze metal in the pan am games with the javelin.

He certainly is smart enough he was an honors student at tulane a good school and got a 32 on his wonderlic.

One of the things that put him on the bench was that he held the ball too long and took sacks and had too many fumbles. But that was as a young QB in a system where he had less time to progress through his reads. With our system and our offensive line he can do better there. Kerry had some of those same problems as well but he bought into the system and did well in it. Ramsey can do the same.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's different this year jeff and you know that. They didn't have a guy like ramsey in camp last year and there are concerns about whether vince can get the job done if kerry goes down. Everything has turned on it's head compared to last year where vince was the sure starter and kerry the reliable backup.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Young shows he can handle the backup job, then I don't see a need to keep Ramsey as a #3 and I doubt he'd want the job if another team gives him a better opportunity (Chris Simms).

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is that a whine post? We should trade for brady or brees?

Our offense scored 36 TDs last year with kerry at QB.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's a big if isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar