Patrick Peterson and Julio Jones...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Julio played half a season with a broken hand (and did pretty dang good), his work ethic shouldn't be questioned. Julio's route running has improved a little bit but he's still inconsistent catching the ball.

2. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

I think if we draft a WR it should be AJ Green if he comes out, I think he has better size and hands than Julio and good speed. There were times when he couldn't be stopped at UGA but I think this team has to go either QB or CB if Peterson is available. While Marc Mariani has been great for us, Peterson could be our best KR/PR we've had since Mr. Adam Bernard Jones.

3. 24

24 Starter

He's never fully lived up to his potential. Naturally, people will question his work ethic. That's different from toughness.

4. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Eh, I suppose. Read a little last night that he has been upset about that, and so he might stay another year less his hand is forced. However, its commonly known that Julio is the hardest worker on the Alabama team.

This all amounts to his play in 09 though, other than that, I thought he lived up to his potential in the other two years.

AJ Green has beennn kinda lucky though. He's had Mathew Stafford and Aaron Murray(who is a really good looking young QB) throwing to him 2 out of his three years.

5. The Playmaker

Alabama isn't a pass happy team and his QB's haven't really been that good. Green had Stafford and Murray. I can't look at stats to determine the value of a WR because there are more variables at that postion than usual. Both are great WR's but if Julio would be more consistent catching the ball then he would be ranked higher.

6. The Playmaker

Julio Jones:
    2010- 78 receptions, 1,133 yards, 7 TD's (suffered broken hand Week 6)
    Career- 179 receptions, 2,653 yards, 15 TD's

A.J. Green:
    2010- 57 receptions, 848 yards, 9 TD's (DNP first 4 games)
    Career- 166 receptions, 2,619 yards, 23 TD's

I know I just said stats don't mean a lot to WR's but it's interesting to look at when you compare their situations.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nobody can accuse me of being a Bama homer when it comes to the draft. The 3 guys i wanted us to have the most last year were from Florida(Dunlap) and Texas(Thomas and Houston). All had great rookie years, actualy Dunlap was beyond great.

Not boasting but i never advocate Bama players if i like somebody else more and Julio Jones is the perfect guy for this offense. He blocks without complaint and never comlains he is not getting the ball enough. He does whatever is asked of him to help the team win.

My mom lives in Foley alabama on the gulf coast the town Julio is from and the local paper sais he might stay one more year to help Bama win another title and maybe try and win the heisman. I just think this guy is not just another good prospect.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I love AJ green. Jones is actually a little larger, nfldraftscout lists them both at 6'4 but green is listed at 212 and Jones 220. I think there is little doubt that Jones is stronger.

That site lists both at 4.49 for the 40. That's a projection i assume.

FYI jones has 4% body fat so it is as solid a 220 lbs as possible and he can bench 400 lbs.

9. The Playmaker

Wait...McCarron to Jones!? I would love for Jones to come back. I like the WR core we have now but I would feel a heck of a lot better with him back.

Okay back to draft talk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar