Patrick Mahomes Signs $400m+ Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

well, if they get that 22-35 million projected cap like you said, I’m sure they will be okay

2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

That's a whole lot of roster spots to fill. They are not going to be able to pay up for anyone.

25 of top 53 Chiefs are free agents in 2021. Some of them are well paid and big contributors. They will lose many of those and not be able to replace them with anyone that costs much.

For comparison, Titans projected to have 30-45m in 2021 and have the following free agents:
    Derrick Henry
    Jayon Brown
    Jonnu Smith
    Vic Beasley
    DaQuan Jones
    Corey Davis
    Mycole Pruitt
    Kamalei Correa
    Jonathan Joseph
    Anthony Firkser
    Jack Crawford
    Ty Sambrailo
    Chris Milton
    Tye Smith
    Nick Dzubnar
    That's 15 players, and we have substantially more cap space.

#22 Tricky, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'd take a GM job for an expansion team. I'll even take a low salary! What's the going rate of an average NFL GM these days? $5M/yr? I'll take half of that!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont sell yourself short, Ruston Webster stole about that much every year from the Titans.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

This is proof the salary cap works

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

More like the power of rookie contracts. His contract is an extension, meaning his contract for the next two years is what it would have been had he not signed this deal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

There it is. I was confused on how this was possible.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, that’s just lazy reporting.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

"There were two things I said when we went into negotiations: I wanted to keep great players around me and I wanted to have long-term security for my family," Mahomes said

I wonder how many great players they can keep when they are paying 1 player 45mil a year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar