Path to the Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by A Fightin'Titan, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Thanks for the info...

Many people had us taking Griffin and I did see a mock where we took Chris Johnson believe it or not. I don't remember who had us taking CJ but I remember thinking they were crazy giving us a 1st rnd rb when we just spent back to back 2's on them.

So I guess we shouldn't rule out us taking a RB in any of rnds 1-4. Can anyone say Shonn Greene?

Gut

2. JayMizzle

JayMizzle Camp Fodder

How can our organization pass up these WR's in this years Draft!!! Get Nicks if he's still on the boards...or imma go nuts! But i might as well get ready to go nuts huh.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

A guy I'm really interested in is Kenny Britt. He and Nicks are two guys I would realistically take at 30.

One funny thing I remember hearing Mike Mayock say during the show was that "Brian Robiskie catches everything." Yeah.... except all the passes he drops. Still bitter about the LSU game, should have caught that.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ayers might not be a bad pick if we needed a DE and there is always a possibility if the Titans really think the kid can be a stud they might draft him anyway.

The main problem with these draft genious guys is they really don't know each teams rosters. They have no clue about Hayes, Ford or Ball. All they see is Kearse and KVB and both are getting up in age and both are FAs after this year.

But, with the Kearse and KVB situations and the fact Ball has a bad back would it be a real bad thing if the BPA was a DE and the Titans went that route? We know Kearse will be gone (I wouldn't want him back to be honest) and quite honestly if I'm KVB I hit the market and get the biggest contract I can get before my football days are over. Maybe the Skins can offer him a 25mil bonus.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It was more of a one nervous scrub analyst who didn't know the team at all and didn't have his facts straight. I was pissed, but expected it. With Michael Johnson, he was saying oh, he's a freak and Jevon's leaving after next year. Said Johnson ran in the 4.4s. He ran a 4.75. I mean, just butchered it. Then he goes to Sean Smith. Hypes him up, then says he ran like a 4.59 when I saw his two runs of 4.47. The guy was a douche, didn't know the team and didn't do his research. He also tripped over his tongue a lot during his last two points, especially when he was trying to spit out the stuff about Young. He got shook while he was making the big prediction, in short.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree from the standpoint we could lose 3 DEs next year and 2 DTs, but I don't think the Titans will be as quick to let KVB get away. While he did just turn 30, I tend to look at it from the standpoint that he has played 8 full seasons. You guys talk like Kyle and Bulluck (31) are old men. Let's just say, they're not 34, 35 yet, which is what a lot of people's opinions seem to reflect. Gimme a break. KVB is an injury concern, but he's in his prime and I believe he's worth another contract. The Titans got out nice the first time. If they value him, they'll at least make a good offer. They haven't done him wrong yet. And before anyone goes into Haynesworth water, let me say, it's not the same relationship, and that goes a long way in how these negotiations play out. They can give Kyle another 4-year contract bigger than the one he got last, which was only 4 years $22M AFTER he went to the pro-bowl. I mean, really. You're gonna have to drag Kyle off the field anyway. I'd say something like 4 years $30M, $12-14 guaranteed would be fine. Kyle would be the highest paid player on the line, and deservedly so.

Remember, there's no Al anymore. Someone should get some of that money to be the line leader. That's Kyle. You don't bring in a rookie because you know you're going to lose the two most valuable pieces in two years. I just can't see that right now. No reason to think Kyle's health won't last.

I think Ford is going to get an extension this year to replace Jevon. Early, of course, before FA comes up. That's basically why we won't draft a DE in one. It's going to to be Kyle and Ford. Ford, I can guarantee, WILL get 'FINNEGANED' with a nice early reasonable extension, as he takes his seven sacks to 9 and 10 sacks in 2009. Ball's bad back keeps him out of future plans, but he's here this year. AND Kearse is here this year, starting for now. Hayes is still a project, but the line depth is better than, say, the corner depth, or the receiver depth, or even the linebacker depth, so that's why Ayers in one is at least a waste, if not reaching outright, regardless of how good he may be. He's looking better than most of his college production right now, and for that, would be a good pickup in two, but not one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar