Paradise Lost III

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I saw it. Just as infuriating as ever, even knowing they're out now. I've been heavily suspecting Hobbs for years now (initially I thought JM Byers). There may not be "without a shadow of doubt" evidence yet. But there's certainly a MUCH stronger case against him than anyone else out there. I love that the filmmakers have recently outright accused Hobbs of the murders and dared him to sue them. :ha:

The utter incompetence and irresponsibility of the WMPD and the court system is truly unbelievable. How do you not interview EVERY single person who lives in the same neighborhoods as the victims? How was the possibility of wild animals never brought up as a reason for the scratches/cuts on the victims? And most importantly, how do you CONVICT three kids of murder (and sentence one to death) without a shred of physical evidence? Without ANY evidence really (aside from the coerced confession of a borderline-retarded kid who has been grilled for 12 hours straight).

This has without a doubt been of the greatest American injustices of my lifetime. I HATE the way the WM3 got out, without any admission/responsibility of wrong-doing by the state. Those guys should be multi-millionaires right now. Not that it would in any way make up for 17 years lost. But it would be something. They certainly shouldn't have to worry about some trivial matters as money for the rest of their lives. At least they are free I guess.

REALLY looking forward to 'West of Memphis' BTW.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

What a nightmare. Feel so sorry for those guys locked up.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

They actually got out at the end of last year through an Alford Plea. Which basically means the state admits, without really admitting, that they f'd up. The 3 had to plead guilty "while maintaining their innocence" in exchange for their release. Which effectively absolves the state of any wrong-doing or potential lawsuits. Yeah, it's pretty absurd.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sawdust, are you going to WoM at Belcourt tomorrow?
    Wanted to go, alas it's sold out..

Devil's Knot is finally being made as well..

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is the first I'm hearing about it. If it weren't sold out I'd definitely be there.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Just saw that there's a post-screening Q&A with Damien too. Damn it. HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah the Damien bit would be cool to attend. Probably be a total mob though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar