Panthers @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

we need a consistant TE and a sure handed reciever, just one. Then young will go to those guys and not be hesitate. I live in MD, and the only time i got to watch the game was cuz i went to damons bar and grille. From what i saw. vince got sacked 3 times(the only times in the game) thank god i didnt watch more. but he was stepping up if the targets wernt there, and he was thinking of running. but was getting caught. i think we need at least one more explosive player on offense to get extra yards and vince will be fine. He needs to have fun, and i dont think hes doing that.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We need a solid possession receiver. Moulds has lost a step. I'm interested to see how Williams grades tomorrow.

As far as VY- he had VERY poor judgement yesterday regarding "tucking and running." I don't know if it is ALL on him because he wants to prove to people that he is not "just a running QB" or Chow is encouraging him to go through progressions. Yesterday he made poor decisions, poor reads and poor throws. He DID have a bad passing game yesterday as opposed to last week where his receivers let him down.

3. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

Titanspride needs to find a new team to have pride about, your a disgrace to being a titans fan. Everyone supports VY except you. This is'nt the site for you to turn our happiness down. Your the pacman jones of this forum. disrupting it and messing up the fan chemistry...go somewhere you pessimist

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No team is complete, and right now the passing game is our weakness. We all knew it would be in the beginning of the season. We wanted Vince to improve his accuracy, and his % has gone from 51% to 61%. He is about where we could honestly hope he'd be as a 2nd year QB (btw - Steve Young year 2: 195/363, 53.7% for 2282 yards, 8 TD 13 INT, 6.3 YPA). VY isn't on the same page as his receivers on the deep ball, which is most of the reason he is struggling there - he throws outside and Jones breaks inside... once again Troupe is within 5 yards of the intended receiver on a bad INT - that's happened 3 times this year. The thing I'm most disappointed in is either Norm Chow or the Tight Ends - with a young QB in our offense the tight ends should be having incredible years and they seem to be an afterthought.

On to the good - even with all those problems, we've only lost 2 games by a total of 5 points. Teams know we aren't going to kill them in the air, and yet we're still one of the top rushing teams in the league. We've given up 14 points or less in 6 games so far. We are somehow 12th against the pass and 3rd in overall defense. As out-matched as we are by the Colts, we play them close every time and always have a good shot at winning. The playoffs have gone from unlikely to very probable. I highly doubt we'll go very deep in the playoffs this year, but any way you look at it the Titans have exceeded expectations so far. Pats and Colts are the top - but the Titans closing the gap.

5. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

i think we need some great WR's for us to go anywhere in the playoffs. Thats about all we need for our team to be up there with the best. We also might need an upgrade at CB. thats the only thing i can see that we need to be great. Chris davis and whoever is returnign kicks is doing a heck of a job, so pacman isnt as missed there even though his TD's might. If we get his playmaking abilities back...watch out. But we are working with basically a waste of a 2005 draft pick right now. Hes not on the field where 1st rounders should be. So if we have 2 more consistent drafts and a solid FA period like we did the year we brought in thorton we will win the superbowl in the near future...with this year not out of the question

6. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Vince is still raw, no doubt. I think most of his fans, see there is still so much potential, and we hope for that day to materialize.

But to say he will never be able to, throw the deep ball, or he can't do xyz. Is very premature. Players develop from year to year, decision making comes over time. VY didn't go to a school that is known for developing QB's, as a matter of Fact UT amongst there fan base are regarded as hurting QB's more than anything.

Give it some he will come along, He has accomplished all he had up until this point off raw talent, he wasn't coached up. Now give the coaching process and maturation process time to work. MISTAKES have to be made to learn from them. I imagine you would want him to go through these things early in his career, than later.

I see week after week, QB's who have been playing in the league alot longer than VINCE making Bone-headed plays, and bad throws. It happens. But if you can't see the potential, and think Vince potential has capped out, keep watching.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

As someone who really gets annoyed with the negative posters, those who constantly snipe at flaws in the team, I still think that this post is inappropriate.

Fans have a right to point out problems with their team. Titanspride bothers me because he's a little extreme sometimes, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a fan. You've called him out several times today, angrily, and without reason. If you want to argue with him, at least make a valid point. Bring up the positives about Young in order to cut against the negative. I don't think anyone can say that Young is playing at the level that he needs to be playing for the rest of the season. Criticism should be welcome on this site, and usually is.

8. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

alright, ill try it, but the 6-2 team bashing is enough

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There are a number of factors at play here. First of all, Chow isn't passing the football. Why should he with a 13-0 or 20-0 lead and the defense dominating?

Young was 12-for-17 for 94 yards yesterday in the first half with a 59.4 passer rating. The INT was on Williams (IMO) who didn't finish. Jones doesn't pick up on the audible and runs the wrong route. Remember the Troupe drop for an easy first down? I only see two balls of five incompletions which were poorly thrown.

So we stay with this ratio the second half and we have 24-for-34 on the game and about 200 yards. That's a 70% completion rate.

No, those are not impressive numbers but enough to get it done if the running game is doing anything. I take that every week.

What I think is the most important thing here is for Young to avoid the mistakes. The second INT was just stupid with open space in front of him and a big lead. Other than that, I didn't see many bad passes or decisions yesterday. He simply didn't pass the football and I assume it's hard to get into any rhythm when you pass the football only a handful of times in the second half.

The positive thing about this is he should make better decisions with the football with the more experience he gets. We are at game 20 of his career. I said it then and I'll say it again, 2008 was the first season the Titans should be serious contenders for the playoffs. It looks like we're getting an early taste despite the problems the Titans are having on offense. I think it only gets better with time.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Jeff, your on the money. It is just frustrating that there are people out there who dont want to give Vince a chance and then jump at every single mistake he makes. Normally I would just ignore these posters, but seeing it over and over again is annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar