Panthers @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

VY is trying to figure out the passing game in the NFL this year. He is staying in the pocket a little too long, but I think it is for the better now. Let him figure out the passing game, then when he has that down he'll be able to move the ball through the air and pick and choose the right time to scramble.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

A win is a win, but the offensive struggles are starting to get more than a little annoying.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think Vince will ever be abe to throw deep, and I don't care. He completes 62-65% of his passes and keeps the chains moving. It is why he wins all the time. He plays your SF style 2 minute offense. Dink and dump. And when the 4th quarter comes, he can just keep the style going without having to change it up.

Brady underthrows Moss, and Moss goes and gets it today. We will never have that. The only Titan receiver I ever saw do that was McCareins. Once. I woudn't mind trying one. But no WR would play here because we spread the ball around.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

When we do throw deep... Young is usually off by 5 to 7 yards in any direction.

5. patSPLAT

patSPLAT Guest

All the complaining and arguing about VY misses the point.

This is a team with upside. If "broken" means 6-2, #3 in the AFC, then "fixed" means Superbowl win.

Given the expectations and pressure on VY, the offense will be working to fix the problems with the passing game.

The running game continues to produce. And this defense won't stop being nasty. They are for real.

I think this is the Titan's year.

Edit: b/c there are another 8 games to improve.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Why is Troupe still on this team?

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

We now got the 3rd ranked D. Steelers and Ravens get in a shoot out(not likely) no.1 is ours.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

At this point I would be jumping in on the VY argurments, but Titanpride is by himself this week in his complaining about VY, so there's no need. This seems to be a reoccuring theme every week. Titanspride is right to an extent. VY needs to play better period. All the other stuff he/she is saying is coming outta his/her rear end.

Like I said earlier, I think VY is stuggling with not putting up big numbers, hence the forcing the passes down field when he clearly could have ran. He is not handling the struggles that well right now. He has been successful at every level of football, and this is a first for him to not be able to dominate a game week in and week out. He is definately not used to people saying that he CAN'T do something, and then actually not be able to do it. The way he was rubbing his head and had his head down in his hands, and trembleing, I though they were gonna have to bring in a shrink right there on the sidelines.

I know he will be fine, there are to many QB's in the NFL that have struggled in there first couple of seasons, but turned out just fine. He's the QB I prayed we would draft and we got him. Thank goodness!

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

VY is a young NFL QB. If he can mature in the next 8 games we can/will go deep into the playoffs.

He doesn't have to be Brady or Manning, but if he can eliminate a few bad judgments and run when a lane opens, our team can hang with/beat anyone.

These are exciting/frustrating times.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree with much of the criticism of Vince, but to say that most of the time his deep passes are 5-7 yards off is clearly wrong, and inflammatory.

Yes, he needs to improve. But we've seen some very well thrown deep balls that just weren't caught. He had one yesterday that was way off, but you could see afterwards that the WR ran the wrong route, they were talking about it coming back to the huddle (sorry, don't remember which one).

The long pass to gage last week was perfect. The pass to Troupe was within inches of being perfect, and was totally catchable if Troupe was making ANY plays this year. (Troupe is one of my biggest complaints about the offense right now). I wish I had more time to go into detail (and a better memory) about his long passes. But come on, do you honestly believe that "most" of his 20+ yard passes are 5-7 yards off? If you want to make a reasonable argument, or valid criticism of Young, that's fine, most of the time I agree with a lot of your problems. But let's keep it in perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar