Panther runningbacks..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Around the league RBs seem to be devalued and average pay for top backs has remained flat. We constantly hear about how the league has changed and running the ball less important. I don't agree with that and the Panthers certainly don't either they are paying $16.4M a year for their 3 top backs!

Deangelo Williams got a new $8.2M a year deal before last season and Jonathon Stewart got a new $6.1M this year and of that wasn't enough they signed Mike Tolbert as a free agent who was a solid big back from San Diego.

With the trade for a solid TE in Olson last year and a draft that was overwhelmingly on the defensive side are the 2012 Panthers trying to look like the 99-2000 titans? Seems like it.

Interesting strategy that good work but the problem is with those 2 big name backs. They can't stay healthy.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

maybe it's the light blue and geography but, Ive always looked at the Panthers and thought Titans for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I added it up and Wiliams and Stewart have combined for 114 rushing yards per game on average for the last 4 years they have been together.

So with a good QB, something they definitely did not have until Newton and with an improved defense they can win.

Ron Rivera played for Mike Ditka who liked to run the rock. Of course so did another coach we all know.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've had some heated discussions with some friends on which rb is better, DeLo or J.Stew.

I'm a DeLo fan, I'd like to see him have a monster year.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't believe you should invest that heavily into a position

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Isn't DeAngelo still the starter?

I find it odd that Stewart is ranked higher on FF... I've been able to draft DeAngelo around the 10th round in mocks. Definitely could be a sleeper.

He burned me big time last year and the year before last.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Probably give him the edge in FF due to goal line situations.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

In a dynasty league I traded RG3 for DeLo/NateWashington/Kendall Wright and I have not heard the end of how that is the worst trade in history. To be fair it is a 2 QB league.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Too bad Cam Newton gets all the goal line carries. I wouldn't touch Tolbert, Stewart or Williams in FF. It's going to be a Mike Shanahan/Redskins situation.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Stewart is leaps and bounds better than Dede

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar