Palmer Out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgup76, Nov 26, 2012.

?
  1. It will make them significantly better.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. They will be a little better.

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. It will have no impact.

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. They'll actually play worse.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

really now?

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This was definitely a Adams situation.

1. Munch already said he is not making changes mid season. So he is either a liar and not a stand up guy as advertised, or he had no choice.

2. Is there anyone who wanted Palmer gone more than they wanted Gray gone? The last game was HORRID and i lost any bit of hope I had for Palmer, however Gray was most peoples "first to go"

Bud got pissed, and wanted to fire someone to prove how serious he is, and Palmer was horrid this week

I know a lot of people are cheering, but this should have been done at the end of the year. Now, every OC that comes in here will know they will be working for Bud, not Munch.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Playmaker

Everyone works for the owner of the team. I like that Bud got tired of this crap we put on the field every sunday, we complain when he doesn't get involved and doesn't spend the money and now we're going say he needs to leave it to the coach? nah.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wow, very happy with this move. This offense has WAY too much talent to be this poor. Loggans is only 32? Wow.

Apparently he has a great reputation around the league.

I too hope this is just an audition though..promoting from within scares me as much as the next guy.

5. The Playmaker

I got the feel he was the OC in waiting from the start and maybe they just wanted to go ahead and let him audition before giving him the job in the off season. Promoting from within is getting tiresome here but he does have a great rep and wanted around the league. There isn't anyone to promote to DC so we have to bring an outsider in for that position, so that's good news too.

6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

OR..... he changed his mind. God forbid someone can change their mind about something.

7. Alzarius

Bud is the guy who hired a position coach to run the team.This crap on the field, starts with him and seeing people praise him for anything is just irritating as explaining math to my ex wife. I wont bother explaining why I feel his wanting to stick it to Houston cost this team 5 years.

I NEVER complain when he Bud doesnt get involved.

This is a "please me now" move, without much thought about the long term effects of whats going to happen. We will see how our new OC will be starting next season, then Ill know how much I like the move. I think it could have waited until the end of the season. I do not have a problem with Palmer being gone.

Edit: If the entire coaching staff is gone at the end of the season and Bud brings in some promising coaches, Ill do a 180.

8. Alzarius

So Munch says its not happening. A few weeks later Adams said it would if things didnt happen. It happens, and Munch changing his mind sounds more logical than Bud putting his foot in?

We will find out soon. This was an Adams decision and he made it clear something like this would happen 2 weeks ago if things didnt improve.

We gain NOTHING by firing anyone mid season, unless as speculated, this is an audition for the guy whos taking his place.

9. The Playmaker

I don't think there are any long term issues. The players didn't work well with him and the new guy was already an OC in waiting. This move was going to be made anyway so why not now? Yeah Munch probably wanted to wait till the off season but like you said this was a "please me now" move in making a change but it also pleases the fans and players. The only reason why Gray isn't gone is because there isn't a replacement among the staff so he'll be axed at the end of the season. This definitely wasn't Munch's decision and I'm actually upset Bud had to force him to make a change when this board has been demanding it for weeks. When your philosophy doesn't mesh with the current players and you don't adjust you're gone, simple.

I'm okay with Bud forcing a move here, there won't be any long term implications as long as the OC actually does his job.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

we gain a sense of urgency

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar