Pacman's ad promises he'll win back trust

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Since he has no job next year, he should have saved his money and called a press conference and said his apology in person for free.
    But I'm sure he could'nt have read all that without looking insincere.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

pacman left west virginia as a underclassmen right? if so doesnt he still have a year of eligibility there?

i understand what pacman is trying to do, go back to college, get a degree, but i dont want him living the "college life" i would rather have him play in canada or over in europe, personally im more worried about his physical strength when he gets back then if he can say his abc's

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Once you declare for the NFL, you can never go back and play college football again.
    He can't play in the NFL Europe league while he's suspended by the NFL.

I do wonder how he's going to live in WV and still meet with the Titans director of player development once a week.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Well, Hoffa covered most of it pretty well, so I'll just add that it's my understanding that he has talked with the coaches at WVU and will be working out with the team while he's there. As long as he keeps that up he should be fine physically.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Pro Football Talk (I know, I dislike a lot about the site myself) is making a big deal out of the fact that Pacman doesn't actually apologize in the ad.

He (or, more accurately, his PR people) acknowledge that he has done wrong, but there is no explicit apology.

They are also making light of the fact that he bought an ad to run on April 20, a holy day for pot smokers.

6. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

i respect the fact that he's trying to make things right

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thats a releif..thanks

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

You can't apologize, b/c they'll bring it to court against you and ask what you're apologizing for if you didn't do anything wrong

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

but he has done something wrong ??????

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

It seems the only thing you could say in one of these would be something along the lines of "sorry I put myself in that position" (of being falsely implicated in charges to which I am not guilty) [if you're pleading not guilty, anyways]

Saying "sorry for committing all these crimes" would seem to give just a little bit too much ammo to the prosecutors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar