Pacman's ad promises he'll win back trust

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Friday, 04/20/07

Pacman's ad promises he'll win back trust

By JIM WYATT
    Staff Writer

In the end, Pacman Jones' actions will speak louder than any of his words, but in a full-page advertisement he purchased in today's editions of The Tennessean, the controversial Titans cornerback is using words to take the first public step toward rebuilding his image.

In a letter addressed to family, coaches, teammates and fans, Jones expresses regret and vows to do better after his season-long NFL suspension.

"It is a place to start, certainly,'' said Ronna Rubin, a Nashville-based entertainment publicist. "Now is he turning the page? I have no idea at this point. No one does, except for maybe" Jones. "We'll just have to wait and see where he goes from here.''

Jones declined to comment Thursday beyond the letter.

"To my family, teammates, coaches and fans, I recognize that I have lost the right to ask for your patience and understanding,'' Jones wrote. "However, I will do everything in my power to regain your trust and respect.''

continued below

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070420/SPORTS01/704200426

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pac is listening to his PR people.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Can someone scan or take a pic of the ad and post it here? (I wonder if it mentions those fashionable collard shirts :) )

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At least he is trying.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

pac's ad <--(click link)

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

That linkage froze up my PC... I think it's my PC more than the link. The old confuser is running as slow as an o-lineman in August.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it should have been signed by his lawyer...you can't go from I am the victim and it is everyone else's fault to this in a week :suspect: :rolleyes:

8. If so then the culprit is probably Adobe Reader (or whatever you have set to read PDFs).

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I have problems with Adobe freezing up also. Just never know when it will happen

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, at least he's doing these things. It was worse when he wasn't saying anything. He's showing that he's starting to recognize that he should care about public perception, that's a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar