Pacman Suspended entire season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

If you think he's the key to the playoffs, you have no clue what your team is all about. Or how good he really isnt

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

He's suspended for a year without pay... but he can file for re-enstatement after 10 games.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

The Jags game last year w/o Pac is basically a preview of our games this year. I hope y'all ready for some pitiful sundays... Our schedule is one of the toughest in the league with Pac, imagine without...

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

And you do? obviously you don't...

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I do think he needed a full year, or at least close to it. I dont think a minor suspension and fine was going to effect him. He has been suspended a few times by the team before, and it obviously didnt work. This sends him a message that he either needs to get his **** together, or find another career path. How it turns out I dont know, but I do think he was going down the wrong path before, so I cant see how this hurts.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

What??? You're kidding right?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

One player who truly deserves a spot on this list for his play is Adam "Pacman" Jones. With the exception of Champ Bailey, who is in a class by himself, Jones is as good a cover corner as there is in the league, and is just scratching the surface of his abilities. He also plays the game with a nasty edge.

Jones is extremely fast and explosive out of his breaks. He is very fluid in transition and has exceptional ball skills. Once he gets his hands on the ball, few defensive players in the league can compete with his run-after-catch ability. He is a superb return man, but an even better cornerback.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2826621&univLogin02=stateChanged

yeah, what do i know?

fact is, he scored at least a td in four of our wins, and picked up a lot of slack for our offense when it came to field position. in the giants game, our offense had one scoring drive longer than 50 yards, and it was aided by penalties. the other three drives we less than 50 yards, because pacman jones put them there.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

A year reduced to 10 games was the only alternative Goodell had. He was under immense public pressure to hang Pac when Pac technically only had 1 conduct detrimental under the old policy.

I will only be upset if the next NFL player that gets a DUI, gun or drug charges, domestic violence etc does NOT get 8 games or more. We are feeling the sting because he is on OUR team. The rest of the public that was supporting a lynch mob mentality had better feel the ridiculous and subjective nature of the policy like Pac has - or Goodell is nothing but a panty-waste fake. We'll see how tough Goodell is and how adamant he is about conduct reform when a couple of major market, generally well-liked players get into trouble. It WILL happen, it is just a matter of when. We'll see of douchebags like Joe Theismann, Adam Schein, and Paul Kuharsky to name a few go on rants about how these next guys need to be kicked out of the league.

Anyway- time to toughen up. Pac needs to get stronger from this or get out of football. I feel bad that he has received some injustice, but he never would have been targeted if he had been a little smarter a little earlier.

Get Tough Titans. I'm ready to start kicking some teams *****es that think they are gonna walk over us. You jack-a-napes that are talking about not supporting the team or NFL can sign up for the soccer channel. If this injustice isn't a call to battle for our team, I don't know what ever will be.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It doesn't say he can be reinstated after 10 weeks, it says his status will be reviewed relative to any pending charges. I don't see any language that says he may actually return after week 10. Can anyone make that clearer? Unless he has charges that would somehow be a positive reference, I don't see where it gives the opportunity to shorten the suspension.

10. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

earlier in this thread i bid farewell to our season. I've calmed down now, and I think we'll be fine. Nick harper is gonna be a big time player. The suspension really only seems like a 10 game suspension. We'll be alright. We've still got vince young, and i think cortland finnegan is gonna step up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar