Pacman Suspended entire season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apparently he mistook the 78-year old man for a quail... :ha:
    [​IMG]

2. Titankid16

Titankid16 Guest

o he'll have enough money, may not have a job, but he will have money

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

either way, he's trying to kill something, whether it's a 78-year old man or a quail, which is violent. And before anyone makes the jump, I'm not at all against hunting, I just don't think anyone could argue that it's not a violent activity.

4. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

I'd Still rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than on a car ride with ted kennedy!

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Look, there is a clear distinction between being able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone did something and knowing they did it (as other posters have said). Clearly, the commissioner has looked into the issues and - probably along with others - can clearly see that Pac-Man is not without guilt. But, even if he is without guilt, he knew that this was a possibility if he continued to hang with his posse... something that he has been continually advised against doing.

And yes, the NFL should be able to fire him without a conviction. Would a charity let their president keep his job if he was continually wrapped up in child molestation lawsuits? It's about image. And don't feed me all of this garbage about wrong place wrong time. He chose to be in that place at that time knowing that it is ALWAYS the wrong place at that time. These incidents aren't being interviewed about shoplifting. We are talking about people being killed and seriously injured. We are talking about aiding drug dealers. These aren't the type of folks that innocent people get mixed up with on this many occasions.

He knew what he was doing and he knew the possible consequences. A man would take the punishment and learn a lesson from it. We'll see what Pac is made of.

7. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Review after 10 games

I don't know if I missed this in the almost 300 posts in this thread, if I did sorry.

For an NFL player to be "vested" in the various financial plans given to the players they have to be on the roster for six games.

Some people feel that is why his actions will be reviewed at the end of 10 games. Then he could be reinstated and not lose a year to the pension plan, etc. I would bet this is something the players union asked for.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I couldn't get all the pages in either, but up to page 6 I was very surprised that almost nobody here remembered that the NFLPA was the "plaintiff" in this case, and it included two Titan teammates.
    The NFL is a violent sport, and it needs to be tempered with a spirit of stewardship, charity and general goodwill....it can't allow a thug image to creep in al la NBA. I love Pac's play, but he needs to hit a bottom.
    The argument of who got the worst punishment between Pac and Henry is moot.

BTW, this means he also won't be invited to Travis Laboy's football camp in Honolulu. :grrhee: Apparently VY won't make it either...I heard he's gonna be a daddy soon.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Granted, I love pac-man as a player (half the time) when not getting Personal fouls. But believe me this is well deserved. A lot of people are comparing him to C Henrys suspension. I guess I am not looking at that. Henry doesnt play for the titans so what happens to him does not matter to me. I actually think his suspension is too light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar