PacMan says he'll appeal suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

He has a very smart lawyer.. I think they know what there doing.

Whats the best case scenerio if he wins?

How many games could be shaved off

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wins what? He's appealing the suspension, unfortunately the appeal will be ruled on by Goodell or someone appointed by him. There's no winning, only hoping that Goodell will show leniency upon the appeal. I wouldn't count on it though, it looks like Goodell wants to be appear as a tough guy.

3. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

The only thing that Pac has going for him, and it wont matter in any appeal, is this policy wasnt in effect when he' committed the his actions? Or was it? I think Pac could win if he took it to court.... thing is does the NFL want a long court case?

4. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Pacman to Appeal Suspension

SUMMARY: Titans CB Pacman Jones says he will appeal the season-long suspension he received last week from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "For the most part, I think it was a little bit harsh. I expected the suspension, but for a whole year, for a guy that hasn't been charged with nothing, I really didn't agree with it," Jones said. "But for the most part I am taking it like a man. I am going to appeal it and we'll see what the future brings. … Clearly, I am made to be the poster boy."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I know this is going to rub a few on this board wrong, but Pac needs to realize that the league did not make him the poster boy, his own actions are making him the poster boy. I read another article were Pac said something on the lines of, "the people of Nashville have painted a target on me". Again, I think he's wrong. I think he painted the target on himself.
    Pac needs all the support he can get. He needs to start taking responsibilty for his actions and stop blaming everybody else.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

even if he did get charged for the old rules, conduct detrimental to the team, but still, like pacman said, who must have the best lawyer ever based on the things ive heard him say and not say, "It was a little Harsh, i expected the suspension, but not for a hole year, when i havent been charged for anything" it is a little harsh and goodell shouldnt be able to make an example out of him, cut his suspension in half, AT LEAST give him the same as henry.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i think its worth a shot y not...its not gonna do anything bad an i think personally for som1 who hasnt been convicted once it shouldnt be that long...

either way i know he'll stay outa trouble...he really doesnt wanna put his carreer in jepordy and hearin his interviews he sounds like hes takin it seriously.....whciih i really do like to hear..an i think he will remian a titan and a very successful one too.....very very successful one @ that

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Wrong, the media made him a poster boy... The media should be on Tank Johnson's azz way more than they should be on Pac's, and that's what pizzes me off...

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What you are saying doesn't rub me wrong at all. I think you are right on when you say he painted the target on himself. Unfortunately, many fans in this area are way too eager to pull the trigger without thinking first.

Pac is where he is now for several reasons:

1. His appearance and association with persons engaging in criminal behavior has led people to reasonably extrapolate he is a criminal himself.
    2. Many people perceive his independant and defiant attitude as a personal affrontation of disrespect.
    3. People perceive the low "run-in" to conviction ratio as a result of his fame and/or money. (That's why we hear all the "I would get fired at my job....." arguments") In other words- he gets off because he is rich and famous.
    4. His apparent lack of contrition based on what the media reports with continued "incidents" and inflammatory quotes.
    5. The media bias towards sensationalizing any story.
    6. The NFL's need to publicly address the situation and Pac is the most convenient option. (Not well-liked, small market player)

Now 1-5 are just the facts of life- the way it is. But #6 is where any reasonable person should take exception because the new policy that Goodell set up is dangerous for any small market player or any other player who is not well liked. We won't see a 1 year suspension with crazy stipulations for Joey Porter or any of the other litany of larger market players with ONE CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL (UNBECOMING) transgressions. The "run ins" are mentioned and if they truly were considered, then the whole issue of Goodell elevating himself to "judge and jury" before the legal system comes into play. If Goodell wants to enforce a "charges pending" suspension policy, I'd be OK with that- as long as EVERY player with pending charges and ONE conduct detrimental violation gets the suspension. Now folks, justice and fair practice is what EVERYBODY deserves, not just those people who you personally like or dis-like. Unless, of course you think the Salem witch trials or lynch mob justice were a good order of business.

In summary, I think Pac has a reasonably decent chance at an appeal. Particularly with the timing of Joey Porter and Tank Johnson's upcoming issues.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

your 100% right on this one. the media exploded this into so much more then it shouldve been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar