Pacman Pleas "No Contest" to Georgia Felony Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He will probably be suspended again for cooperating with the authorities.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"Co-operating with authorities" is a pretty huge euphemism for what actually happened. I know we're all taught in grade school that co-operation is a good thing, but it isn't always. Pacman pleaded no contest. That means that, essentially, he admitted guilt (I know it's not exactly the same thing in legal terms, but we all know that it's roughly equivalent). He could justifiably be punished by the league for that.

However, I still think this is a very positive outcome for him. It's far better than going to trial, getting convicted and facing jail time.

4. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Trivia: After all the grandstanding, how much jail time did Pac get?

We heard constantly about what a bad seed Pac is from the "objective media" and the NFL bullsh, I mean, commissioner about how:
    Pac was raping and pillaging, punching cops, slaping hoe's, shooting up strip clubs, ordering assassinations... and generally couldn't be trusted around the wholesome lot that IS the NFL players' association.

At the end of the day, with all the legal issues dealt with... how much jail time did Pac get in total?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and that's the funny thing about this whole thing. chris henry does jail time. tank johnson does jail time.

odell thurman and pacman jones do not and still have not been reinstated.

:rolleyes:

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Or for not destroying the evidence.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Did I miss the 2007 season suspension or was he playing with another number on?

From what I have seen he is being treated on the same level as a guy serving two years in prison and worst then a convicted killer who served 6 months. Is he really that large of a danger to the integrity of the sport that he gets black balled? Level the field and keep it fair. There is already talk he might not be reinstated. So let me get this straight a guy who has not been convicted of a single crime is worst for the sport then a team that admittedly cheated and could have tainted the sport on a level that no one will ever know because his highness destroyed the evidence. :bsflag:

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think Pacman has been treated very unfairly, just like everyone else. I think that what guys like Tank Johnson did is worse and that they should be the ones getting the season-long suspensions.

All I wanted to do was point out that pleading no contest to a charge is pretty close to being convicted (and it's not something positive, like you made it seem). This means that Goodell will have more ammo if he wants to suspend Pacman again.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

it may not be good, but at least goodell can't say he's still got stuff pending, now that everything is out of the way he should have to make a decision and Pac can get out of limbo.

And Pac's attorney seems to disagree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar