Pacman Paid "Extortion" Money to Shooter Suspect

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just read the police report...

I have a couple of stumbling blocks with the entire story. The biggest is that Jones didn't know Edwards (according to Pacman). So we are to believe a total stranger walked up to Pacman and volunteered to "take care of things" that night?

The other is that Jones lied to the police, media, commissioner, etc. for MONTHS by saying he wasn't around, saw the shooter or witnessed the shooting.

Get ready for Edwards to "spill it" to the Vegas DA.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If that happens, get ready for Pac to "spill it" regarding any negotiations he or Arora made with the league regarding how to proceed. I hope the league has kept its nose clean in this whole process. Pac may be out of other options to generate revenue for himself if the league further ostracizes him.

All parties involved this affair stink of misrepresentation and corruption.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A lawyer is a lawyer. It's sort of like getting mad at a pet alligator for biting you one day. It's in their nature to act as they do. And I'm not 100% sure his lawyers knew everything.

How has the NFL done ANYTHING to show they didn't handle this properly? I know you have had issues with Goodell for months but, in light of this, may have been 100% justified in everything he's done. It seems apparent Jones lied to Goodell as he did everyone else for months.

4. Riverman

Let me clarify. I don't have any comment/issue with whether or not the NFL handled things properly. I can only surmise what may be occuring behind the closed doors based on the information that is released by all the parties to the press. I don't know WHEN they became aware that Pac had made a payment to the shooter (for whatever reason). I am concerned that now they know, they haven't been consistent with their prior stances and simply banned him for life. Maybe they have with this perpetual delay of reinstatement- I don't know. Some type of "deal-making" appears to have occurred by the NFL, Pac and the DA to "encourage" Pac to produce and confirm the identity of the shooter. I don't like that AT ALL. The league (and IMO- largely initiated/promoted by Goodell) may be engaging in this to "protect the shield", etc. If the league involved itself in that way- it stinks bad. Pac would be justified in exposing any "deals" the league made with him if the league doesn't keep their end of the bargain (if their was one).

My issue with Goodell has always been that he abdicates the utilization of precedent and consistency when administering the conduct policy with whatever HE seems will best serve the interest of league. IMO- that is a serious and dangerous method that introduces personal bias. IMO- this has greatly effected our franchise. He conducts league affairs with a singleness of purpose which is to maintain or increase revenue production and hides behind popular provacative rhetoric of "cleaning up the league". His actions such as reinstating players with greater convictions than Pac supports this. Simply stated, he believes he can do more good for the league than due process can. That's my beef with Goodell. Tagliabue didn't conduct himself that way.

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Pac probably did it all himself he order the hit he paid the extortion hush hush money and now is playing the victim!!! Another 12 months of Suspension will fit just right for his punk arse!!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It would be a pretty neat conspiracy if someone smart was trying to organize a way for Pac MAn to be reinstated by giving up the shooter, and at the same time creating inconsistencies in the trial that allow for Edwards to escape conviction. Pac Man then pays his salary to Edwards. I don't know how that could happen, but it makes a good law and order story if it could.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw .... how did the extortion scenario come up ?
    don't tell me that was Jones' idea

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Pacman could have paid the shooter 15,000 for the hit, but now claim it was extortion.

9. Riverman

Personally, I believe that was how it went down. Now everybody has stepped in this big pile of poop he laid and they all are trying to clean their shoes.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He isn't claiming anything or playing a victim NOW. This has all evolved from that police report that was released/leaked to the press, which clearly states that Pacman's statements about extortion were made in September '07. He could have just "played the victim" then. Outside the police and I'm sure those who are close to the situation, he has yet to say anything about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar