Pacman Likely to Share Return Duties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said the plan for now is not to have Pacman Jones do both punt and kickoff returns entering the 2006 season. Most likely, the sixth pick of the 2005 draft will return kickoffs and focus more on his duties at corner. WR Bobby Wade should be the front-runner to return punts. "[Pacman] showed last year that he can do both. It will most likely be one or the other," Fisher said. "With Bobby’s ability to handle the punts and his decision making process, if we started the season today, Pac would probably handle kickoffs and Bobby would handle punts, but there is a lot of time between now and then."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd much rather Pacman punt return. He seemed likely to score everytime he returned (as well as having 2 or 3 TDs called back)

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

one thing is sure, it was always "interesting" when Adam Jones settled under a punt, or watched one bounce 10 feet in front of him, or called for a FC inside the 10. But he also had the ability to break any of them for a big gain. I think KO return is probably the safest way to utilize his speed.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He had some decent kickoff returns, but it definitely seemed like we were getting more bang for our buck on punt returns. Maybe that's just because there were so few of them... God I hope that changes next season, if anything does.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

less chance for a fumble on kickoffs. You know that had to play into it

6. Pacman is great on both KOR AND PR so we are spoilt for choice. He got some great returns on the KOR but I felt when he had a chance to run on PR, he looked likely to score.

I know that theres a more greater chance of him fumbling on PR, but its gonna happen to anyone else who stepped up to do that duty

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I thought that too, but I went and looked at the stats, Wade actually had a slightly better avg per punt return last year.

One of the other things to factor in is you're a lot more likely to get your clock cleaned on a punt return, and he is our starting corner.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I like having someone else as insurance. I also like that it's someone from the offense so that Pac's not winded from trying to break one, then immediately going out to play on D.

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

That sounds good to me, Wade at PR and Pac at KOR. I'd still like to see Pacman getting a PR every now and then though.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

By Fisher's quotes it would seem that it's a forgone conclusion that Wade will make the final roster. I didn't really think that would be the case, I thought he was more of a bubble guy who would have to win a spot in August. Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar