Pacman going to Camp? (Ongoing Pacman News)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Bud was just letting Goodell be the "heavy".....they had no intention of letting Pac back in camp. Fisher was asked last night about it, and he said he deferred to the ruling by the NFL. Fisher was never asked if wanted Pac in camp...or it was edited out of the interview....

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You know what's even more sad? The fact the Schwartz will probably be given another pass, now that he has to do without his star CB...

And Bud didn't say he wouldn't allow Pacman at camp, he said he was going to follow what the NFL dictates and that so far the NFL had not allowed Pacman at camp. Interpreting that as not allowing Pacman back, if the NFL allows it (which I'm pretty sure he can't do anyway) is a stretch, rather it was a typical non-answer.

Much like Blank, I think Bud is happy that he doesn't have to make a decision on the matter, not yet anyway.

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Statement from Titans Owner Bud Adams on Pacman Jones

Bud Adams
    “My organization’s sole focus is the 2007 season. Our efforts are concentrated on the players contributing to the goals we have set. We will monitor developments regarding Adam Jones and will expect him to abide by the terms of his suspension as set forth by Commissioner Goodell. We are moving forward as a team and do not expect to comment on any future matters concerning him until his suspension is completed.”

Translation: Don't call us, we'll call you.
    Don't think Adams and Goodell don't talk to each other. As I said earlier, it's just better for an outside source to hand down punishment rather than the team you play for. Remember, he has also broken team rules too, but the suspension is catching all of that, so it's not necessary for the Titans to step in.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It would seem that Goodell is secretly a puppet ot the Titans organization.

Now if they can just find justification to give Peyton a year long suspension for his college prank against that female trainer, we would be righteous!

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

officially Pac not allowed in camp.

Pac officially notified he is not allowed to practice.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Good. We dont need him being a distraction anyways.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I actually am glad pac is not in camp. There is absolutely no point besides staying in shape I guess. Because if you can't play during the season and your in camp, your just wasting our time, and taking away other players time.

8. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Goodell denies Pacman bid to join Titans in camp

Commissioner Roger Goodell has decided that Pacman Jones will not be allowed to participate in the Titans' training camp, which opens Friday, NFL sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen. ...more

[​IMG]

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2949683&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

so Pacman lied to Fisher about the Atlanta thing?
    Pacman must be the most self destructive player in the League today. They need to get that boy a diagnosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar