Pacman going to Camp? (Ongoing Pacman News)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bud said he wasn't letting Pacman in last week. I think the matter was closed at that point.

I get the feeling that the word "Pacman" isn't being mentioned to anyone over at BSP these days because of the negative reaction it generates. I don't think we'll be seeing the local media asking Schwartz "do you feel your defense would be better with Pacman right now?" but someone from the national media, who isn't dealing with the team every day, might.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I guess you're right. I interpretated Bud's statements, however, that the organization was supporting Goodell whatever he decided. And that meant no Pac since Goodell had not said anything about it publicly since announcing the conditions of the suspension.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But we have Pacman's lawyer and the NFLPA thinking Jones would be allowed in. I'm thinking this may lead to another appeal if they don't like the result of Vick's punishment.

4. Riverman

They have made statements that was part of the "drop the appeal deal". No way in hell Goodell even comes close to addressing that publicly. IMO- I think he was going to let Pac back into camp but the Vick indictment caught everybody by surprise and there just isn't any way to spin letting back in camp right now. I also think the "new witness" coming forward was part of the spin for Goodell, but again the Vick stuff blew it.

5. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Sources: Goodell bars Pacman from Titans camp

Commissioner Roger Goodell has decided that Pacman Jones will not be allowed to participate in the Titans' training camp, which opens Friday, NFL sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen. ...more

[​IMG]

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't think that the timing of Jones' Prelim' has help his cause in getting into training camp.

Come Oct 29th Vegas could go away & clear Jones for week 10 or go to trial & Jones is gone for the year. Goodell would look justified in suspending him if it goes to trial & also gets to look good by welcoming Jones back if he's given the all clear.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

8. Riverman

I think you are on to the "master plan" :ha:

9. Riverman

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Best for the team, that's what matters. If Pac is serious about cleaning up his act and coming back week ten, he'll be in shape and ready to play. If he can get at least one of the two cases dropped by the end of October, he might have a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar