Pacman Facing Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, irrespective of this case and Pacman, I think charging people on coercion that way is BS. You mean to tell me if I get involved in a fight at a bar, and the bouncer comes over and tries to kick my ***, it's a felony if I defend myself?

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I have to say I dont really understand the coercion charge either, but you have no idea if the scenario you just described is how it happened.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Based on the general consenus and natural human behaviour. The shooter hasn't been found and Pacman has repeatedly been blasted publicly for not giving up the shooter. It would be very natural for a Las Vegas jury to have sympathy for the victim and thus antipathy for Pacman (who by and large is concidered responsible for the shooting, at least that's what I hear out of Vegas).

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I knew I should have put the word IRRESPECTIVE in big bold letters....

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well, if that is the case he has pretty crappy lawyers who dont know how to pick a jury.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It doesnt matter what word you put in big letters, your point is still meaningless because you are describing a situation that no one has claimed happened. No one has said he is charged for coercion because he was defending himself from the security guard. It could very well be the security guard was defending himself from Pac Man.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The problem is while they will obviously get rid of the ones wearing the "Death to Pacman" t-shirts, I'm talking about a more subconscious line of reasoning. Unless of course they find jury members who haven't heard about the case at all (how likely is that?) or members that somehow are against stripclubs, I think that subconscious line of reasoning will be there to some extent.

Heck, for all my defending of Pacman until he's actually charged or proven guilty, I'm not sure I wouldn't be prone to it.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think it would be quite easy to find people who at least know very little about Pac Man or the case. He isnt an internationally known superstar, in fact, he is a minor celebrity at best when put on a national persective.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I was merely responding to the way the felony coercion charge is described.

Again, not related to this case, I find it questionable how you could differentiate between a security guard protecting anyone or anything or attacking somebody.
    Again I stipulate, if somebody attacks me in a bar and I get in a fight with them and the bouncer comes over and tries to kick my butt (bouncers aren't exactly known for their subtle ways), is it a felony if I defend myself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar