Pacman Facing Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What I see as a factor in DUIs and Pacman's threat is that DUIs the person knows the risks, knows that they could cause an accident/death.

Pacman's threat could possibly have been made in the heat of the moment and that's all it was. Until the connection to the shooter is made (if there is one) it is unknown.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

so waht type of suspension are we looking at?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Stay tuned.

Honestly, I don't think the NFL or the Titans will suspend Pacman based on the Minxx incident until it plays out. The Georgia felony is a different matter since he didn't disclose the arrest.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

A lot of threats are made in the heat of the moment, no doubt about that. A lot of threats also dont wind up with someone being shot and paralyzed. If there is any connection to the shooter, then the threat cant just blown off as something that happened in the heat of the moment, or just being an empty threat.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff...

And then there is the murfreesboro incident that was plea bargained down to nothing but could be reopened because pacman didn't have the good sense to keep his nose clean for a few more months.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The threat is legitimate only if Pac is linked to the shooting. No evidence supports that.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I realize that. But you can bet they are trying their hardest to link it because he was stupid enough to issue the threat in the first place. It would be a pretty big coincidence that the nite someone had their life threatened, they ended up getting shot, and the 2 were completely unrelated. Personally, I think the coercion charge is being recommended to get him to cut a deal and roll over on the shooter.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. And the DA has already said if he is arrested in Vegas, it's back. But I don't think the new conduct policy will consider it.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That is what is going to make this misdeanor charge difficult to stick. IMO, none of the Las Vegas charges have a good chance to stick. I think that everbody on all sides (Titans, LVPD, victims, Goodell, Arora) realize this and that is why we are seeing meetings being scheduled with Pac and commisioner.

Now- don't misundertand me. I realize that Pac has conducted himself poorly and is manipulating the system. But I also believe with the given evidence, too many people including the media are irrational in trying to make an example of Pac.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Unless they have a video tape, I agree that some of these charges are going to be tough to prove. But I do think that the police strongly suspect he knows the shooter. And because of that, the DA is going to use Pac Man to try to get to this shooter, by way of plea bargain. I dont think he will get convicted of a felony, but I do think there is a good chance of at least one misdemeanor based on a plea bargain.

And I have to disagree about the media. I realize it is "innocent until proven guilty". And I realize the media likes to be sensational to grab our attention. But the "innocent until proven guilty" is with the law, not with the media. It is ridiculous how much crap he has found himself in, whether convicted of anything or not. If nothing else the guy comes off as someone with a major lack of intelligence and complete disregard for his career, and I think the media realizes that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar