Pacman Facing Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is very interesting.
    But I think Drink Driving has the higher risk of death, I assume with most people that say I am going to kill you 99% of them never go through with it.

And Drink Driving, while not intentional to cause death, it is irresponsible to go driving once you know you have been drinking.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

3. P Dub

P Dub Guest

I totally agree with everything that you said.

If you are attacked you have every right to defend yourself, reguardless of who it is and where you are. If the bouncer comes over to break up a fight and you throw a punch at him then yes he has the right to defend himself. If the guy comes running to break up the fight and starts swinging unprevoked then the bouncer is wrong and you have the right to defend yourself against him too. There job is to stop the fighting not cause more of it. If you start the fight and swing at a bouncer and the bouncer beats your eyes in then you got what you deserved. I agree that fighting in nightclubs is ridiculous and that there is no place for it, but you do have the right to defend yourself if attacked.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

While I agree with you to a certain degree, normally those starting a fight don't have the ability to understand what you are saying. They are the 'victim' all the time.

And bouncers are just as bad, there are many times they use excessive force.

5. P Dub

P Dub Guest

I agree that bouncers sometimes use excessive force, and the people involved are hard to deal with, but as long as they don't throw any punches or insitigate the problem any further thats what the people get for fighting in the first place.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm not trying to advocate drunk driving.
    Leonard Little killed 1 person, a mother of three I believe, and should be in jail and not in the NFL. I don't know how, once he got his second DUI later in St. Louis, that he didn't immediately get thrown into prison, that's bs.

But I'm off-topic. McNair got pulled over for a DUI, he didn't hit and kill someone.

Pacman said to the bouncer, "I am going to kill you." Later in the evening, that bouncer was shot, and almost killed, and was paralyzed.

Of course, we don't know Pacman's connection to the shooter yet. If there is none, then his crimes in vegas, are still serious, but not attempted murder serious.
    It's hard to not be suspicious of some connection.

Also, what Leonard Little did was unintentional. Horrible, yes. Should he have served jail time, yes. But it was not his intent to kill someone.

IF (BIG BIG IF) Pacman knew the shooter, arranged it, whatever, then it's worse than what Little did. Because Pac intended to have the person killed.

If Pac just said, "i'm gonna kill you" out of anger, and then someone else without Pacman's knowledge, shot at the club, then that makes Pac's crime less serious than the Little situation.

So anyway, that's may take. Intent makes a crime worse.

And both the Little situation and Pacman situation are FAR WORSE than McNair getting pulled over for a DUI.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

My thoughts on DUIs

A few people have been talking about it, so I'll throw my 2 cents into the DUI discussion, I think it just shows stupidity more than anything, there are so many ways to avoid it, how hard do you think it'd be for an NFL player to find a DD? I read in some article that one team (I think it was the Chargers, but it's probably something multiple teams do) offers a service to their players that they have a number to call and the team will not only send a driver out to pick the player up and drive them home, but they'll also send a driver out to get the player's car back to his house, and yet they still had players getting DUIs, that's just stupid IMO

I also don't think you can separate the crime based on results, is it really that much better for somebody to get pulled over for drunk driving just because by some chance he didn't kill anyone? No matter what the result is drunk driving is drunk driving as far as I'm concerned and I agree that it's not punished as strictly as it should be.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So the difference is, McNair said 'hey, I might kill somebody tonight'. Pacman said 'i'm going to kill you'. I guess it's all a matter of luck.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So gloat...

Put mcnair in jail for a few years and let pac off the hook? 3 people were shot so something serious did happen or did you forget that? The charges indicate some responsibility for what ultimately happened. I guess you can say that any drunk driver can potentially cripple someone? Hmmm..

Kind of stupid to make that apples and oranges comparison when in this case people really got hurt and were almost killed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar