'Pacman' can join Cowboys for workouts (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I don't care what the Cowboys or the NFL do with with him... You've seen what we've done with him. We shouldn't hold anything against anyone, the grass isn't greener over there either.... He's like an ex-girl friend, kick em' to the curb and find another fish in the ocean.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that was actually on chris hope. leave it to jimmy schwartz to put hope on harrison....

3. smili

smili Starter

Anybody know how much Pac has to play for us to not have to give back our 4th rounder?

Honestly hope he gets it turned around in Dallas. He's one of the more exciting players we've ever had on the team. We needed to move on.

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3370780

"Dallas gave the Titans a fourth-round pick in this year's draft and a sixth-rounder next year for Jones. The Cowboys would get back a fourth-rounder in 2009 if Pacman isn't reinstated, or a fifth-rounder if he returns then gets punished again."

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, but we're getting a goldfish when we had a shark. Our ex is Carmen Elektra and we're moving on with Delta Burke.

6. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I wonder how long he has to play before the "if he returns then gets punished again" time period is up. Does he have to play the whole year? I really hope not.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Knowing how bad this deal was for us, I would not be surprised if it was for the rest of his career.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Jerry Jones said Pacman looked good for a guy who has been out of the league more than a year.

"He told me the other day he gets sore because he's really been pushing himself the last couple of weeks," Jerry Jones said. "But, in our initial look at him, he's probably in as good shape as anyone out there -- not ready to play football, but in good shape."

Pacman remains suspended from the regular season, but NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday that the cornerback-kick returner can do everything else. Goodell will rule on Jones' regular-season status by Sept. 1.

"I think we should be careful creating a graduation scenario here," Jerry Jones said. "He wasn't reinstated, but he's getting [a] chance. That's a plus, but nothing more. ... I had hoped that we could create enough at the league office that the way we're doing it would allow him to do that."

Now that Pacman is this close, Jerry Jones already is envisioning him on the field -- wearing No. 21, just like Deion Sanders wore for the Cowboys. Sanders has become sort of a big brother to Pacman, trying to help him follow the rules of the NFL and society.

"I see it now. I see it right now," Jerry Jones said. "I think he's got the resolve. I think he can help our team. ... I know I feel good about it. I hope that will make our fans feel better about it."

Owens is looking forward to the practice-field competition with Pacman. The one time they faced each other, Owens won but Jones left with T.O.'s cleats because he didn't score a touchdown.

"Maybe I'll have him wear them out to practice," Owens said. "If I score on him, he has to wear them the next day."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3424819

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If it's the same play, it was Pacman. Hope wasn't even on that side of the field. It was Pacman and LT.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Couple of observations:

Fitness: He looks like he is in shape from the clips I saw. He did not let himself go at all. And that is very hard for someone used to burning calories because of playing all year.

Rust: He will no doubt have rust, but every pro player I've ever seen has been able to shake off the rust within weeks. It all comes back. If he is in shape, he will play well in a very short time.

Dallas: When did Dallas become the right environment, are they serious? Tennessee is a classy organization who supports their players in my opinion. We gave Pac Man every chance to straighten up and tried to help him. He burned his bridges. We did everything we could.

Pac Man Mentors: Deion Sanders and Terell Owens, are you freaking kidding me. Look, they may have changed as persons, who am I to know, but these are not the guys I want being role models given their public images. I will say that the best mentors are often the guys who have fouled up, but please, I hate seeing these guys in the media talking about what Pac Man has to do and how they will help him. They can't be serious about themselves.

The pick: Look, we need him to play and play well to get our pick. Nobody here should be devastated by him playing well. We are in this boat with Dallas. I'm ok with that. No matter what we cannot get value for him because he has to play well for us to get a pick, but we can get something. So I have to root for him. We need the pick. If he plays poorly, look for him at the strip club.

Reinstatement: Seemed inevitable to me given the equity among suspended players and crimes committed. But I believe Pac Man did something bad whatever that may be. I don't know that he will return to doing bad things, but in order to avoid that, he has to think, and I worry that he does not do that enough to reflect on what he has done and forsee potential problems. I see him as rebellious. The Decision to be involved in the WWE and go to a strip club the night before meeting the commish fly in the face of authority and display a confrontational attitude which will ultimately destroy him. I think he got slapped on the wrist, didn't like it, and decided to fly in the face of it rather than back down, so the opportunity for change is small. I sense trouble. I just hope that it comes later rather than sooner for our sake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar