Pacman Appeal Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pac can share a cell with Paris Hilton...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in that case, i feel for pac. NO ONE deserves that.

3. well pac has a fair trial because he hasnt done the worst out of some of the players in the nfl, and yet he gets the harshest punishment

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You obviously haven't seen 'one night in paris'..
    :))

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

He probably overslept after being out all night at a strip club and missed the meeting......:))

I did find this write up about it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6797596

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ugh, doesn't matter. Wouldn't touch her with a biohazard suit on.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Just got back in town from NYC- greeaaatttt trip! :)

I can't believe my eyes. You guys are still taking the bait and getting all reactive about traffic citations and some "self-imposed" curfew.:clown: You all need to step back and listen to what you are saying.

It will suffice for me to say that Goodell has screwed the pooch with the new policy and how he applied it to Pac. What many of you expect of Pac is unrealistic, hypocritical and false. Much like the commissioner saying he didn't want to "make an example" of Pac.

IMO, the saddest thing is that many of you call yourself Titans fans. Many of you are willing to offer one of your team's best playmakers as the sacrificial lamb for a policy that won't be fairly enforced to other teams playmakers who have had worse violations and/or CONVICTIONS. Pac is no role model but neither is HALF OF THE NFL. It would be nice if he and others were- but neither Pac nor them ever will be. The league is for entertainment. The league's prime motive is for profit not altruism and idealism. "Protecting the Shield" is about protecting the profit. The nation is screaming for a pound of flesh and many of you line up behind Goodell's propaganda and serve up Pac.

I agree completely that Pac may change his behavior minimally at best. But realistically, he isn't as bad as many people believe- particularly when compared many of the 8 pages of NFL players with similar or worse violations unequally addressed by Goodell listed in the appellate document.

Those "Titans fans" of you who scream for Pac's release should be screaming as loud for a 1 year suspension with ridiculous "conditions to be met for consideration of early return" for EACH of those players listed in the document.

I am a fan of the Tennessee Titans. I am a fan of winning. I am a fan of ethical conduct. I am a fan of fair play.

Read, think, then react to whatever information you are presented.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Ask the guy that will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair if Pacman isn't as bad as people believe. I expected better from you Riverman. Just because he can help the Titans win games he should be given a free pass on this? I could care less what any of these guys do off the field, as long as it is not illegal, tarnishes the image of an entire team or causes disharmony on the team. I think players and fans would like to be associated with an organization they can be proud of, and this certainly hasn't been the case lately. You are selfish if all you care about are wins and losses. There is a bigger picture here. While the play of Pacman will be missed on the field, in the long run we may end up with a better team overall without him, until he changes his ways.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ask the guy in the wheelchair if he knows who put him there first.

Pacman isn't guilty of anything (yet).

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I believe it's safe to assume that if Pacman had not been there he would not be in a wheelchair. It was one of Pac's "bodyguards". If Pac isn't throwing money at strippers, then getting into an arguement about it, and causing a problem, we wouldn't be having this discussion. While Pac may not have pulled the trigger, he set the events in motion. If you prefer, you can choose to believe he is the unluckiest person in the world, and things just somehow happen when he is around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar