Packers @ Titans Postgame Comments

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's sweet being 8-0 so I hate going negative here but I'm wondering if Collins can get us to Tampa.

Today, he had four balls which should have been picked. He played well late and in OT but we'd be raking Vince for the game Collins played today.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed. Definatly won one without "production from the QB position" to quote the Dolts wizard of draftology Bill Polian

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Like I said in another thread, Collins isn't doing anything more than Vince was doing, just keeping the turnovers down a bit.

But Collins has lead us on two game winning drives.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Less throwing, More running

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

KFC tried to gift wrap several interceptions.
    I am amazed at his luck.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this game would have been taylor made for vince.

all the packers do is play man-to-man and vince would have had running lanes up and down the field.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

hell, even Kerry took off and got a first down at one point...

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Collins looked rough, and was lucky again to not have a couple picks. To be honest, I was confused by the play calling, though. This team generally shouldn't be throwing 35+ times in a game. It seemed like we were trying to use the pass to open up the run instead of sticking with pounding it in to wear down the D. That works against the Colts, but not a team with a secondary like the Pack. Not sure if Lendale was hurt a bit after his big run or what. Seemed odd. Either way he's got to be more accurate. He completed one to Jones across the middle that could have gone for 6 if it weren't so badly thrown.

I don't see any reason we can't get to Tampa with this offense and Collins at the helm. For all their weaknesses they all are consistently making the plays at crunch time. But I also don't see any reason those near-picks won't turn into real ones in the playoffs and we'd be sunk. We don't need the "explosiveness" you hear so much about - we just need much better consistency from both Collins and the WR crew. With consistent production I have no doubt we'll be in Tampa. Without it we have as much of a chance as the other 5 playoff teams, and that would be a shame. The D and running game is too good not to be playing in the SB.

EDIT: but dang it's nice to have an undefeated team with so much room for improvement still. 8-0 pretty much means we're in the playoffs - we've got 8 left to make sure we're ready for it.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Collins has had 5 interception-free starts this year. Thats all we really need out of him. More accuracy would be great, less near picks would be fantastic, and him playing like he does when the games on the line would be fabulous, but as far as I'm concerned we'll be fine. Until KC loses a game for us, or until you can point to a game when he wasn't productive enough then leave 'em in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar