Packers @ Titans Postgame Comments

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I wear the 53 and was watching Bulluck last night and he did not have a great night. He missed several plays being out of position. Hopefully this was just a glitch night as we need him leading our LB corp.

2. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Even though preseason doesn't count, I haven't seen them play with such confidence in a while and that's always a good sign. I beleive this will carry on into the season and we'll be hard to beat. Go Titans!

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I noticed that Chris Brown has limbed off yet another field.
    Chris Henry wasn't too impressive.
    LenDale was the shining RB in the game.
    Speaking of Chris Henry, was he used much in special teams? Is he living up to his #2 draft pick?

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Lendale left a couple plays for some kind of hand injury.

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Well, Brown might have limped off, but he is still averaging over 6 yards a carry this preseason. I'll take that as my second RB any day.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Five great things happened on that play to make it work:

1) LenDale decided to go between his linemen as the safety closed on the right side.

2) David Stewart, already occupying one blocker, simply shrugged the safety far out of the way with a swat of his forearm like he was a pestering little fly. The safety would have filled White's opportunity to go right.

3) Meanwhile, on the left side of the line, as Bell is occupying a blocker and Roos moves right to get in position, he gets over Bell to slide down, and inadvertently pushes him forward and down into a linebacker (which was hilarious, by the way), who falls across the feet of his fellow Green Bay linebacker...

4) This second linebacker is trying to get off a block from Benji Olson. This is the guy who should have tackled White, instead of having an assist much farther downfield, #55 GB.

5) Olson then smartly turns him away to the left side of the line (from Titans position), his own right, away from LenDale pushing through, as his fellow linebacker falls across his feet. This, combined with the turn by Olson, momentarily take his attention from the ball play. Untangling his own feet and making sure a possible helmet to the knee isn't on the way for a split second gives White the opportunity to tip-toe past the distracted linebacker and burst up the field almost completely without being noticed.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

LT IS GONE Yip Yip Yip Yahooooooo

:cheers3: :woohoo:

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

[​IMG]

9. To me it's amazing that certain people on this board continue to find nothing positive to say about the Titan's most important player Vince Young.

Saying something positive every once in a while does not equate to "drinking the koolaid" you know?

Maybe those people should go and become Denver fans since Cutler is who they really wanted.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Read my post. This was a great play, but it wasn't all White.

Bump :bump:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar