Packers Reportedly Set to Offer HC to LaFleur (Update: Official)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

Wow, i think this is bad for all parties involved. Matt moving up to quickly, another new oc for us/mm8. Has any qb ever been this unlucky in his first 5 years? Good news is maybe we can get a good play caller that will stick around for more than 2 years.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Gabbert has had more HC's than he has seasons in the nfl

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

For those surprised by the move, consider the Titans just did the same thing last year. Vrabel had one season, not overly impressive, as DC in Houston before getting called for this HC job.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

I know, I’m just a little salty - wasn’t expecting him to go this year based on how our offense performed on the whole. As much as we like to pretend it isn’t, it’s a setback for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

you're being too logical

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I've seen so many people on Facebook crying about this

He wasn't that good..

Frankly, we don't have the capacity, both salary and developing patience, to sit on our hands and HOPE that year 2 in his offense will succeed..

Frankly, any of the options is better than him. Primarily, Helfrich... Who understands Marcus QB strengths and caps. Although I'm partial to Kingsbury

It's a good thing Lafleur didnt playcall in LA ... Season's like this might happen..

Granted JROB didn't help him a TON.. but that's the thing of being a coordinator. Chances are you aren't getting the luxury of writing work orders for players

Also, I had a feeling he was one and done anyway, since he was almost our head coach last year anyway

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

JRob short listing only former pats special teamers for the job.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm not disappointed at all. This is addition by subtraction IMO. LaFleur wasn't terrible this year as our OC, but he wasn't this QB whispering offensive guru we were promised when he was hired.

I think continuity is a little bit overrated by a lot of people. Marcus has learned a new offense several times now. He will learn it and hopefully it won't take as long as it did this last time.

What I don't want in the new hire - an offense that takes until mid-season to get fully comfortable in. Everyone we heard from this past year said LaFleur's offense was going to take about 6-7 games for everyone to get comfortable in. I think that is near insanity to think you can have a successful season when your offense won't even be comfortable until halfway through the year. Bring in someone that can simplify things, utilize the talent on the roster and not have to remake it, and get the best out of MM8.

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Took the Colts 6 weeks to win their 2nd game. I'd be thrilled to have the offense they have now. Gonna take time.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Green Bay desperate.

This guy didn't even prove he was a decent o-coordinator... and I'd say his play-calling is atrocious and his personnel decisions were pretty terrible also.

And now he's a head coach candidate? lol he's barely an OC candidate.

Good for the Bears, Vikings, and Lions though.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar