Package 2nds and 3rds for 1sts?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I dont see a big dropoff between the late 20's and our 40's picks. I would be against these trades. Unless we get into the top 12 or so I don't want us to trade up like this... Top 12 is different story, better tier of players imo.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

As long as we leave next year's picks alone... gut tells me next year will be a "richer" draft class.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

If first rounders are twice as likely as a second rounder to be a pro-bowl player, then having 2 second round picks should even the odds out. That sounds like a wash. The Titans having three second round picks should give better odds of success than one first rounder. If we get one pro bowler and two other starters from the group of second round picks that's a great round.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I agree. Better to take 3 shots in the second than reducing that to 1 in the first. Doubtful that Robinson would pull off getting 2 more firsts without giving up the rest of the draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I like a idea like this personally. You're getting four really solid prospects who may all be day one starters. I'd be willing to pull the trigger.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I really hope we stay put and utilize all of our picks we need talent and depth. One guy isn't going to turn this team around we need talent all over and six picks in the top 76 will do that if history is any indicator.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Honestly the meat in this draft is in the 2nd/3rd rounds so I kinda want to keep all of our picks. I saw a mock today that had us landing Conklin, Kenny Clark, Vonn Bell, Correa & Braxton Miller; wouldn't that be pretty awesome? Or a similar group..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar