Package 2nds and 3rds for 1sts?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I know, I know. Quantity over quality is usually the way to go through the draft but what if...

#24 (via trading of #43 and #64)
    #28 (via trading of #45 and #76)

This would give us essentially four first round picks to get a top OT, CB, DL and WR/S.

After that we wouldn't have another pick till the 5th round, but hey, you're looking at 4 high quality starters, three of which would have 5th year options on their contracts. Thoughts?

Who would you take with four top 33 picks?

I would take:
    #15: OT Conklin, Stanley or Decker
    #24: CB Apple or Jackson III
    #28: NT Billings or Reed
    #33: Jaylon Smith or a fallen WR (Treadwell, Doctson, etc.)

#1 Dangermode, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

What if we packaged all of our picks with the entire team and coaching staff to trade for New England's entire team and coaching staff? That should get us to the playoffs this year!

• LOL LOL x 5
  3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I think it's wishful thinking. I wouldn't be mad though if we made those moves.

4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Not a bad idea, one of those trades could happen, especially if someone we like is falling. Could be epic if we get VH3 at 15 and then one of the better OT's is still there at 28 and we could pull the trigger there.

But honestly with what we've seen so far, I'm not worried because I trust King J Rob to make the right moves. I'm starting to believe if he can't do it, no one can.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

You got it right there.

Take the picks. Add more players that can potentially help the team.

Every pick is a gamble so you need more chances at hitting on good players versus having fewer chances and hoping the superstar is in fact a superstar.

We see it every year...top picks flop and others fly under the radar and are unexpectedly great players. Quantity over perceived quality.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If that's all it cost us to get 24 and 28, I'd do it in a heartbeat. What I see more likely is JRob actually moving back down the board while still getting the targeted player.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I hear you...but...more than 50% of future pro bowlers are selected in the first round. That drops off to 12% in the second round and then very few come per round after that. Your likelihood of getting an above average starter is greatly increased in the 1st round. Yes many don't pan out. But many MORE don't pan out in the 2nd and 3rd. I'm looking at you Brown, Sankey, Hunter, etc....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would build depth with this draft and then look to trade up for playmakers next yr. I would still be looking to trade back for more ammo next yr.

I just don't see the talent in this draft that makes me want to move up

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Hm, from some quick research, it seems you're right. A first rounder is twice as likely as a second rounder to be a probowl player. Drops in half again for 3rd rounders. It seems wrong, but I guess the numbers don't lie.

We will see what Robinson does with those seconds and beyond. From his interviews it sounds likely that he will be willing to move again on draft day.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

if we somehow came out of this draft with:

15: Conklin
    24: Doctson
    28: Apple
    33: Billings

that would be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar