Pac takes a deal - agrees to testify for no jail time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MJTitans, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

What a crock. The thug should go behind bars!

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:hang:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

By my count, there are 43 strip clubs in TN. Now here is the interesting part, 7 of them were closed in the last year. I don't like these odds. And the kicker, Pac Man is not limited to strips clubs on the north american continent now that the nfl is going europe.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is a no contest anyway?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What is says, you don't contest the charges, however you don't plead innocent or guilty.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But then what happens?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The DA will present the case for the judge who will review it and come to conclusion on punishment based on what the DA suggests. Basically pleading no contest means you won't contest the case as presented by the DA nor the proposed punishment. It is still up to the judge to make a ruling though.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

as the defendant, it kind of means you know the have you "almost" dead to rights. You're doing the public a favor by not making us pay for a long trial, (not contesting charges) we're doing you a favor by giving you a light punishment. (probation, suspended sentence)

I think that's how it works, unless someone with a law degree or personal experience can correct me...:ha:

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What you're talking about is pleading guilty, not pleading no contest.

Pleading no contest is something you often do if you believe you're innocent and therefore refuse to plead guilty, but for whatever reason have a wish to not go through a trial. In Pacman's case it's pretty clear that he believes he's innocent, but he also realises that a long trial will effectively prevent him from getting back into the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar