Pac Delays Filing for Reinstatement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ, I agree with most everything you've said. But here is the simple summary. If he is re-instated, other teams most likely will be interested in trading for him IMO. The cowboys will have to match their interest. IMO- other teams will be willing to trade more than a single fourth or fifth round pick. That helps the Titans who have thus far held up the trade based on bonus "pay-back" issues and an additional pick next year.

Now, if the Cowboys have already agreed to terms that the Titans are satisfied with- then yes it changes nothing and Pac's withdrawing his appeal for re-instatement most likely has been orchestrated by all parties to protect everybody's interest. I just don't see that as being the case because I believe we would have traded him by now if the Cowboys and Pac were all willing to give up what we are asking.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Thats an easy one dude. Get him drunk, drive him to a strip club and give him a gun. Its that simple. BAM! Banned for life.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I doubt he has to be drunk. But why wouldnt goodell reinstate him at this point?? If not, he's being a douche bag to the teams involved instead of just Pacman.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

NOTHING changed today because everyone (including Pac, apparently) knew there was no chance Goodell would reinstate him before the draft.

Goodell never said "I'll look at it" or "I may consider it" but point-blank said he wouldn't do anything until just before training camp. Period.

I think every team in the league already knows the situation and why he remains suspended. If a team trades for him, Pacman would likely be allowed to work out and take part in OTAs and then be "officially" reinstated before training camp.

Do you honestly think if Goodell reinstated him tomorrow that teams would all of a sudden begin showing interest and start trying to outbid each other for Pacman Jones?

I'll go as far to say if the Cowboys don't make the trade for him, Goodell won't reinstate him before training camp. He can say it is due to the pending civil suits or because Pac continues to do the things which landed him in trouble in the first place. Either way, Pac goes broke and into further debt with the reality he may not see a football field until the 2010 season.

I think the Titans can string this along as long as they need to knowing Pac will do something stupid which leads to a lifetime ban.

5. I say let him rot. If he wants to stay on the suspended list for the rest of his career, the Titans should let him. Bud should let him twist in the wind. Screw the draft picks...

6. Riverman

Die on the vine :yes:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

Pacman was smart enough to not poke the Goodell anymore.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's going to be very interesting to hear what the Titans players have to say when Pacman's finally off the team. The guy is clearly a traitor and I can't imagine there are any guys left in the locker room who want him back. I'm guessing we hear a lot of relief and a lot of guys who hated him. Bulluck's comments alone should be well worth the wait.

Even if we get a crappy draft pick, I really believe losing Pacman will be a case of addition by subtraction. It could really bind the defense together.

9. Riverman

I think all of this delay is a continued PR effort to alienate Pac further from any remaining fans and maximize the PR of the trade which will occur soon.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No way you really think that. The WHOLE reason for a delay (and do you mean in reinstatement or the trade) is just for public relations?

I do like TJ and your back and forth analysis of the situation. It's been very interesting.

I've wondered for a little while now, if all we are going to get is a measly 6th round pick in the trade, why we didnt just cut Pacman immediately before the suspension? Maybe it's because of the bonus money. Or maybe the Titans feel it's one way to screw Pac, if he was cut, someone might have offered him a big contract, whereas if he is traded, it'll be under the much cheaper original draft contract. But more logically it's because the team hoped he could get it together and still remain a Titan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar