Pac and Wycheck face off...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yep.

i probably would have done the same thing pac did. if someone trashed me on the radio every chance he got, i'd give them a little peice of my mind.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Pacman mouthing off like a ghetto thug in front of the press, even when it is an open practice, that demonstrates he will never be able to transition out of thug life and into being a professional athlete.

He can be a talented athlete. He can be a thug athlete. but until he comes to grips with how to comport himself in a non-thug, non-ghetto manner, particularly to the press and public, then he will eventually again be an embarrassment to the team. Probably sooner than later.

I'm sure he is a nice kid, and a likable person, as long as he isn't trying to "go ghetto" on you.

Would anyone think well of Vince if he went into trash talk about Hoge? If he screamed profanity at him?
    That difference in what we get from a player like Vince who has class, and can effectively manage the media, and someone who seems to celebrate the "thug" mentality is a difference like night and day.

I want Pacman to succeed, and have a good life, even beyond football.
    But holding on the streets mentality will not likely work for that.
    If two years of NFL mentoring has not driven that message home, I have doubts it will ever take.

Having to have the coach tell him to go to the locker room indicates that he still has some maturity issues.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think a lot people would enjoy seeing that, to be honest with you. and they would probably be in vince's corner rooting him on.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

From what I can gather... both were in the wrong here. Both of these guys should have had the restraint to just walk away and be the proverbial "bigger man". They should hold a press conference like two fueding rappers would do, call off the beef, and then donate money to charity. That sounds like a good way for this to end.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Y'all gossip like women in the beauty shop. Who cares what was said? Neither of them showed any class if they mouthing off at each other. End it at that; who gives ****. :sad2:

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

and both were equally wrong.
    So let it be.

:slap:

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'd actually prefer it if he didn't knew who Schwartz was....

And I fully agree with the rest of your post. The people that don't like Pac will take Wychecks' side on this and the people that like Pac won't.

Personally I don't think any of them are "right". Wycheck shouldn't have said what he said, that was almost Merril Hodge like, but Pac shouldn't be making comments to the media during practice unless it's just harmless jokes or talking about serious football issues.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Only one person "mouthed off". Wycheck called him on it after practice. Try and follow what happened.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So publicly calling Pacman a cancer and saying the team can't win as long as he's on the team is not "mouthing off"? I certainly consider it that way.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

YES!
    (Basically the point I was TRYING to make above.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar