P3 new game advice

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TitanJeff, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 game and have never gotten anything rated-M. I find most of the highest-rated ones are rated-M so I wanted to get some feedback from those in the know about those which are the more tame of the bunch.

Bioshock 2
    Heavy Rain
    Call of Duty: MW2
    God of War Collection
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Resistance 2
    Assassin's Creed 2

Or maybe another.

My favorites game, by a landslide, is Uncharted 2. I love the graphics, storyline and online play. I mention this just so you know what kind of game I've enjoyed the most.

Thanks for any advice given.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Assassin's Creed 2 would be your ticket from that list - lot of violence, but not excessive. Might like MW2 and Heavy Rain (has language and a topless scene, some violence too but not gratuitous.

GOW collection will have the most nudity and violence (which is excessive).

3. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

MW2 is most fun but only if you can play online

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll give you my run down of each game

Bioshock 2 - Never played but the first one is good. Be best to play the first to get a handle on the story and the idea behind Rapture.

Heavy Rain - Story driven, like a book/movie (so they say). I just started it and you need to be patient with it at the beginning as the controls are confusing. But the choices you make affect the story and if you like that kind of thing then I'd go for it.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - If you are going to play online, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, don't bother. Single player is very short and the meat of it is the online play.

God of War Collection: Very violent. Best bang for your buck where you get two games, upgraded to full HD with trophy support and good preparation for God of War 3 which is out in 3 weeks.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Probably the best PS3 game released but if you haven't played the first 3 it will get confusing as the story is highly convoluted (I still don't really get it.)

Resistance 2: Good game, I liked it, but probably not as good as the first.

Assassins Creed 2: Haven't played it, but I don't think you need the first one to play it and the second one is meant to be exceptionally good and improved on the first by a lot.

I'd also recommend Killzone 2 for a game that is better looking then anything else (except maybe Uncharted 2) on a console at the moment.

5. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I have Uncharted 2 and I feel one of the best games I have ever played. The single player quest is entertaining, the multiplayer is also really good. It won game of the year last year and I feel it deserved it. My wife would watch me play it because the story was good too.

Edit: I now see you already have it, PS I am a ....

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Bioshock (either) is a rental. It's a great game, but short

I'd suggest waiting it out until God of War III comes out on the 16th

7. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

I'd say assassin's creed 2 if your interested in a story along with an open world to do what you want for a few hours when you just want to play around, I've found it excellent bang for your buck with length combined with story/freelancing. Heavy rain would be good if you want a thick storyline and to try the newer concept controls they tried to introduce, and if you are going to pack a serious amount of online play and basically skip any story go with MW2. If your into uncharted I'd be surprise if you didn't like the AC2.

8. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

I'm playing Heavy Rain right now and it's a blast. One of the most unique games I've ever played.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

MW2's campaign is short, but awesome- and the online play is the best.

AC2 was amazing.

Either are a can't miss, I'd say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar