Owner Stands Behind Selection of Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams commented on Pacman Jones during the press conference announcing the promotion of Steve Underwood to Senior Executive Vice President/COO. "I think he was really coming along fine this year," said Adams. "I think this is a very unfortunate situation that happened here. I know he’s getting bad publicity. For us he’s really been doing real well on the field, and I think he’s still going to be a great player." Adams stands behind the selection of Jones and has faith he will become an outstanding player. "I think in the long run he’s going to be a strong citizen, he’s going to work with charities, he’s going to be a great football player, a great return man. I think we made a good choice with him. It’s just that his first year was a disaster. I hope he’s got it out of his system now."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I read the entire article. I thought it was very encouraging...Mr. Adams faith in Pac. And it seems that he will be patient with Fisher as we continue to rebuild.

Anyone who's read my posts on the subject knows I think it would be a great blow to the org. If Fisher left.

And finally...Maybe this season will show that we're further along in our return to respectability than some give us credit for.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I hope you're right. How do you think the volek/young pecking order will last?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

to heck with respect

Just be aggressive and hit people on D

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You have to stand behind him, otherwise you stand between him and the police. Better he get shot than you.

6. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

By respectability, I ment winning...And yes agressive D would help...So would scoring some points

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

What do you think of Underwood being transferred from Houston to Nashville?

Seems like Bud wants him to be able to hit the ground running when Floyd gets his exit visa ...

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm not sure he's planning on letting him surplant Reese (how much football knowledge does Underwood have anyways?), but I definetly got the feeling Underwoods promotion was like putting a leash and collar on Fisher and Reese.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar