Overtime rule change?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheBisco, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Considering 4 of the past 5 playoff wins for the Titans have been by 3 points, I think this is a very poor rule and doesn't seem very smart for Jeff Fisher to support this.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Extra quarter please.

3. JCBRAVE

The best overtime games are in basketball, why? Because they play a freaking extra quarter of course!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd rather watch the kickers kick each other at the 50-yard line.

My only beef with the new rule is, if it's good enough for post-season, why not use it in the regular season?

The team who scores four or more first wins. Period.

5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Titan Jeff,

This is just my opinion but I think they are afraid that this new rule could potientially lead to more ties in the regular season, at least in the playoffs there can't be a tie. I agree though it would be fun to watch kickers kick each other at the 50 yard line! They still may implement the change into the regular season when the owners meet in dallas in may.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are you meaning more games might end as a tie in regulation?

Why would that change anything that happens now? Fisher would not go for it on his own 10 if the game is tied. He'd wait to play overtime. Home teams will still be conservative, IMO.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Did Fisher have a vote. I thought it was solely the owners who voted.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

But Fisher IS in support of the OT change, there is some comments from him as he is still head of the competition committee.

10. JCBRAVE

This is a small step in the right direction of getting to the 5th quarter.

That kicker shootout idea a few posts up isn't half bad. I'd prefer Bironas going at it vs. anyone than our defense winning us a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar