Overrated and Underrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Over-rated: Drew Bennett

Under-rated: David Garrard - no one can win us games like that.

2. so true

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Overrated:
    VY - He's been exceptional with his legs and has found ways to pull us out of several holes. He has helped boost the confidence of our players, and most player "including vets" look up to him as a leader. However, a handful of people in this forum expected him to have over 65% comp which might prove impossible for him in the short-term. He'll continue to get better with time as experience gradually kicks in, but forcing a golden spoon in his mouth this early in his career will lead to fan dissapointment. I'm not saying he's over-rated as a player, I'm just saying give him time to develop instead of expecting too much from him too soon.

Drew Bennett: Has been dissapointing this season. We needed somebody to make the catches during VY's intial games to help build confidence in our rookie QB, yet he failed to deliver. Maybe we had given him too much credit coming into the season.. The argument that the passes were bad is incorrect. A so-called "caliber" veteran WR must find ways to hold on to the ball when it touches his body. I hope he improves next season.

Under rated:
    Ahmard Hall: Some fans were quick to call this guy 'grandpa' when he was first signed. Boy were we wrong! Watch this player evolve into a faster, smarter, more aggressive Lorenzo Hill. I love the way this guy catches the ball then smashes into the defense to gain the extra 6-8 yards. He'll be a weapon on the short passes.

Travis Henry: We thought this guy would be a solid backup for our rookie LW who everyone thought would be exceptional this year. Instead he has become our starting RB after being benched during the first couple of games of the season. Would we have benched him if we had known he'd be a 4.3 yard per carry RB? (note: the best ypc eddie george has ever had was 4.1 in 1999)

Pacman Jones: Some were quick to say we had burnt our first round pick on this loser. Well guess what... he's probably our biggest threat on defense. When offenses start throwing the ball away from him, and punters punt away from him, and he already has a nickname on ESPN; everyone can agree that he has definately become one of the biggest playmakers on our team.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Lorenzo Hill? or Lorenzo White?

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Lorenzo Neal..
    My mistake..:bonk2:

6. WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How can Young be overrated when he wasn't supposed to play for another year or 2.... to me all the hype is justified considering he's way ahead of where everybody thought he woud be

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I like Ahmard Hall a lot but Lorenzo Neal has been the best FB we've seen in football year in year out for a decade or more.

Ask almost any RB who they'd have on their wish list as a blocker & I bet they'd all pick Neal.

If Hall can get to be the kind of the player Neal has been we'll have had one of the best finds in a long time.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Young is overrated because of how people are overreacting to some of the great things he does and ignoring his mistakes. I'm pumped to have the guy, and kind of wish we'd given him the season from the start, but he's not perfect, and as Starkiller noted, he's made plenty of mistakes and had plenty of bad games. He's a winner, and he's changed this team, but people are making big jumps in their assumptions about him, and that's why he's overrated.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Under: Roos

:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar