Overall Titans Draft Grade

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by sirjesse, Apr 29, 2023.

?
  1. A+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A

8.3%
  3. A-

4.2%
  4. B+

8.3%
  5. B

16.7%
  6. B-

4.2%
  7. C+

8.3%
  8. C

12.5%
  9. C-

20.8%
  10. D+

4.2%
  11. D

8.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

It was obvious Ran did not go with areas of need and indeed chased what he thought was the best overall talent. I am not a big fan of the QB or Spears, but getting Will in the second for basically a third next year is quite a deal, and Spears numbers at Tulane the last two years are freakish. The fifth and sixth round picks were super solid, I saw the Maryland tackle ranked a third rounder somewhere. As with everyone else, the draft was somewhat disappointing in that we took a guard, we got no wide receiver help, we did not have a Kentucky Titan involved in the conversation. On the other hand all these picks are super solid. A potential pro bowler on the OL, a potential starting QB, a change of pace for the king, and two players in the fifth and sixth who could be involved year one.

I begrudgingly give a B+. I would have given it an A- but the specter of mini arms, one legs, and willis part two with no Kentucky commentary, along with this weird three days starting on Thursday bunk cast shade on the overall experience.

B+!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

You should add the poll option to this thread to make it easy for people to add a grade :)

I would say a C. I like the skoronski pick, I figured if we didn't trade up for a QB, he would be the pick and should help the o line immediately. Like the upside with the Levis pick, probably doesn't help us right now but hopefully does a lot in the future so that could upgrade or downgrade my rating in the future. Rest of the draft was just depth guys.

Still couple holes to fill on the line, still desperately need help at WR, and somehow still for like 4 years now, need a damn kicker

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I liked both OT picks and the TE, WR might be promising. We needed a backup for Tannehill, and although I'm not sure this is the guy for the job I'm hoping he is.

All in all, it's a solid B ~ B+ in my opinion, fwiw.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This draft will come down to Levis. I'll give it a C+.

Skaronski will be a long time starter here, that's good.

If Levis develops into a qb of the future, it was a great draft. If he doesn't, not good.

I highly doubt the rest of the guys we took ever move the needle at all.

Kickstand will be the third and long draw guy until his leg falls off. Jevon Ringer, Darrynron Evans 2.0

The TE may be our new Swaim. That blocking guy we always seem to have a boner for.

The tackle will hang out at the bottom of the depth chart for a while. He may even play, given how injured we usually are.

The WR is Racey McMath 2.0. People will get excited every camp, and you'll never hear his name again. And bro has a 10% drop rate... A wr with no hands will pair nicely with the tackle with short arms and the one legged running back.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

About 1000 posts or so to comb through, but if someone wants to see the GT grades, it should be an avg of all the Neg vs Pos posts.

I’ll guess now, like a C+ at best around here.

You’d have to filter multiple posts same person, the non related posts, and decipher if it was positive or negative for the pick itself not because it wasn’t the person/position the poster wanted.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good suggestion. Poll made.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

The guard at 11... I think he will be a solid players, but he is a guard at 11 c-
    Levis.... looks like crap to me right now (might be a franchise qb according to others) D
    Kickstand F
    TE D
    OT C+
    WR F

We didnt break 30pts once last season, not sure we will again next season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think people are putting too much weight on “scouting reports” written by people who do not work for the NFL. Self-styled scouts who are untrained journalists. If you look across the spectrum of those “reports” you will see SO much conflicting information from variations of 40 times to “he moves well in space” /“doesn’t move well in space”. Go watch some film before overreacting about things like Skoronski’s arm length. I go B+ overall. We needed to take a swing at a QB and we did. If Levis lives up to potential, then this rockets up to A+.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

IMG_2978.jpeg
    For those who worship at the alter of PFF…

10. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Solid F. I love the Skoronski pick, but given the team's needs vs what they drafted, I'm just not seeing what they were seeing. 3 years from now when we unload Levis for a 7th round pick it'll just complete the train wreck we all just witnessed.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar