Our Secondary

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by galaril, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I am wondering with Harper losing a step every week what we will do with our secondary in the future. What got me thinking was the thread on Vincent Fuller and his new contract. Does anyone else wonder if Fisher is plannnig on trying again to move Griffin permanently to CB and have Fuller move into the starting FS role with Mouton and McCourty taking the Nickel and Dime spots?

If not we will need to draft a CB next year for sure especially now we are set at most of our positions except maybe OLB.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do NOT move Griff back to corner. I NEVER want to hear that again!

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same. I cringe at the thought. We tried it once, and he wasnt very good at it. Let him play the position he's good at. Safety.

4. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Then we are f#$%ed this season and will need to draft a CB in the first round next draft for sure. When the Titans visit the pats Brady will pass for 600 yards against the Titans.

5. JCBRAVE

^Our secondary isn't good only vs. the Steelers offensive strategy. Or Manning's and probably Brady's. But usually they're on point. It's tough getting quality corners with late picks as I anticipate we'll have. I'm looking for the young guns to develop or free agency to give us our next corner following Harper's departure.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We probably have the best secondary in the nfl. If we're "f#$%ed", what is the rest of the NFL vs these guys? And what are these guys when they play each other?

Just stop. We need depth. That's for certain, but to say we're somehow screwed unless we move Griffin to CB (stupid idea) is hilarious.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Eric Berry can play corner... Imagine that secondary for just a little while.

8. JCBRAVE

We will never see Eric Berry by the time we pick in the draft. He will be gone for hours when our team picks. I don't know how good of a corner he is either.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I'm not thrilled about one of our studs in the very thin secondary having to put himself in position of returning kicks and raising the risk of getting hurt. Hopefully, that extra job isn't tiring him out both mentally and physically on the defensive side of the ball too.

Based on our secondary late in that game combined with the return game made me believe that the decision not to sign Mark Jones may been the difference last night.

10. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I know, it's wishful thinking though. I just hope he doesn't go to the Texans or Jags. He's a good enough corner. Or we could trade Hope away for a decent CB and play Berry and Griffin at safety. Who knows? If for some reason we pass on him (very unlikely that we'll even pick that high), I'd be mad at our FO for years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar