Our new WRs..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't notice any thread solely devoted to discussing our three rookie WR draft picks so i thought we needed one.

I think that these three guys are all great picks. Great value and each one brings something different that can help this team.

Paul williams- Many of those same physical attributes that exist in the 2nd tier Wrs like meachem, rice and jarrett. Just had an off season d/t injury and that pushed him back. Possesses some of those same positives that we have seen in bennett and mccareins with size and the ability to get down the field and make big plays. Maybe not consistent enough to be a solid number one but can be a very explosive solid #2 player that defenses will have to account for. I think we will use him much like we used calico his rookie year moving him around and trying to get physical mismatches with slow safeties or small nickelbacks.. Solid value at #3..

Chris Davis-A lot has already been said about him and the bobby wade comparisons made and i think they are good comparisons. Small super quick guy well suited to play in the slot as a #3. Will be compared right away to robey and used similarly. Solid value late in rd 4..

Joel Filani-This is my favorite draft pick. The reports on this guy is that he is a big strong possession type WR and not much else but i disagree. First of all his times speed of 4.53 suggests he has the ability to get down the field and he made a lot of big plays at tech. Was more solidly productive than any WR in this draft and while some scouts dismiss this fact because he played on a pass oriented team he had to share the ball with some other good receivers and stood out as the best. His career ypc was 15.2 which is pretty darn good in a run and shoot type scheme. He is a monster running the ball after the catch and look at his arms; he has long powerful arms and catches the ball away from his body with ease. Compare his measurables and times to dwayne bowe the 23rd pick. Filani and bowe are very similar type players with similar physical attributes. If there is a late pick marcus colston type in this draft this guy would be it.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

Filani is also my favorite pick. I'll be pulling for him in camp

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

interesting lol...i like the Filani pick too

but its too early to start callin him the next Colston.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like how they selected a full 3wr set
    each one of those guys will line up in different locations , so that means that they aren't necessarily fighting themselves for jobs, but they're really fightin off Roby, Roydell and Oor

it's a pity with the whole 3-year rule
    those guys should finally be able to contribute .... and hell who knows - they just might, forcing us to keep the rooks in development

I'm with Paul Williams here ..... there's just something 'bout him
    I see in his highlights what I see in some stars
    imo,.....he reminds me of Randy Moss in terms of body control - if you look at what he does with the defender around 1:10 of the youtube vid

5. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

filani is my favorite pick of the 3

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

This is definitely a glass half full thread.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You say that like it's a bad thing...

8. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Look these guys look great in college games give them time to adjust to the NFL before you start making comparisons to Randy Moss's body control!!!!

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think they all will make the team and make a decent impact or better.

Chris Davis will come in and be our new younger and faster Wade. Will porbably also be a return man which he could do very well at.

Paul Williams will come in and be put in favorable matchups like said by rolltide. I think he could develop into a #1 with all his athleticsm and attributes. If he really works and becomes a consistent force he will be a great #1. That best case scenario of course. His speed, size, jumping ability, along with his crazy wingspan could make for an exciting WR I'm looking forward to see how he develops.

Joel Filani this guy could be a stud. He's got good size and plays faster than his 4.53 time which is very good for his size anyway. He is strong and physical and will help our running game with his blocking. His hands and route running ability are very good as well. I don't see why he wasn't a first day pick. Production, size, savvy, and game-speed are everything you look for. The only real knock is the system he played in which doesn't bother me at all I look at it as extra reps.

I'm excited so see these guys come together and develop.....I love their potential.

10. i like all of these three picks, but my favorite is Williams, because of his ability to take it all the way and break tackles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar