Our Defense is still the weak link.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What does it say about coaching when you sign 3 experienced veteran free agents to an already experienced group of players on D, and you are still giving up the most yards in the NFL? Add to that that your counterpart(Norm Chow) has had to do a coaching job with a ROOKIE QB, a rejuvenated THenry and 3 of your best recieving threats done for the year. Don't forget about the young inexperienced O-Line with really two rookies at the tackles. I am very impressed with Chow, he has done a marvelous job considering that Fisher probably has his hands tied a bit and his development of Vince.

Basically I just wanted to give Chow some credit and say that Schwartz still sucks and needs to go.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

roos did play all 16 games last year

but i do agree with you

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes, give credit to Chow for keeping Manning on the bench for long stretches in the 2nd half.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

At RT yes, but then there's Bell starting for a longer period of time for the first time. Same with Stewart.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bell started like 13 or more games his rookie year

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

next year our D will be really good, with or without schwartz...

Add in a couple of big name free agent signings replacing our weak links...

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I was just saying that because RT is a whole different position the being matched up on the opposition's best pass rusher at LT.

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Stewart plays mean and is very physical....I like him...I think he sticks there.

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Our tackles aren't going anywhere. However, our interior OLine isn't anything to write home about. Everytime we tried to run it up the gut, we got little or nothing at all. Infact, it got so bad, fan's started booing those plays. I'll agree we need to retool the defense, but an area that stuck out to me is WR. That interception in the first half wouldn't have happened if we have a 6'5 reciever with a good vert. Aside from Bennett, we have guys who are 6'0 or lil under.
    To me, after seeing todays game live at the stadium, our needs are the following(no particular order):

1) D-line
    2) Interior OLine
    3) stud #1 Wide Reciever
    4) MLB
    5) FS

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Bell has been playing well....his hustle allowed him to cover Travis' fumble.

However, Olsen is long in the tooth and probably needs to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar